Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2007, 06:25 AM

2 posts, read 6,383 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to Noblesville from Tennesee. Are expected move is towards the end of May. We have checked into building a home around the Promise Rd/38 area. What have you heard about these new subdivisions? Is it a rip off..better than buying a "used" home? What are the benefits? The disadvantages? Looking for a native viewpoint..Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2007, 07:21 AM

6 posts, read 27,474 times
Default Moving to Nobelsville

Anytime you move to a new area it is best to speak with someone who has some understanding of the nature of the community. With that said, it would be adviseable to avoid new construction if you intend to sell and move anytime during the period that the developer continues to construct new homes. If you get into that situation you ultimately then are in competition with the new homes that will likely still be about the same price as your home.

Everyone wants a new home just like you. Therefore it is not so much about what you want now as it is what you will want in about 3 to 7 years. Will you be moving again? Odds are that you will.

You should also check out the forclosure rates of some of the builders. I cannot speak for the ones you are considering, but if it is the wrong community or development, you might take a similar hit simply due to the high number of foreclosures in the area.

Welcome to Central Indiana. I hope your experience is a good one!

Old 04-13-2007, 07:48 AM

2 posts, read 6,383 times
Default foreclosure rates

So would I go about finding the foreclosure rates for the builder? or maybe someone might know how do I find out particuliar complaints against a certain builder? Thanks.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:52 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
As someone who is trying to sell a home in Fishers ... I say buy used!

Old 04-13-2007, 07:44 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,057,165 times
Jake has a great point about central Indiana realstate. It's very true and based on my experience here, I'd also consider buying used. There are so many new developments in Indianapolis suburbs that you can get a great deal on a 2 or 3 year old home in brand new condition for a lot less than what the builder's selling for. We built our first house in Westfield and lived there for almost 4 years, when we moved away this past October, we had a hard time selling and lost money because potential buyers could build a brand new home for the same price, so we lost some money when we finally sold. We just moved back to this area, this time around, we bought a 2 year old home in our old neighborhood at a bargain. Do your homework, realstate market in central Indiana is very unique. Good luck.

Old 04-14-2007, 08:01 AM

Here's a suggestion ... have a trip out here and drive through some neighborhoods. See how many for sale signs there are. If there's an usually high number ... stay out of the neighborhood.

Unfortunately, you are going to have to do your research on your own on this one. Agents just want the sale for the most part.

Old 04-14-2007, 08:08 AM

I sent you a private message ... and not to picky a picky dork, but you will be moving to Noblesville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis