Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2009, 12:58 PM

4,097 posts, read 11,477,418 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any current info about renting in this area? A friend is considering an apartment just off 16th. I am concerned about the parking off the alley since the alley is so narrow and might get blocked by snow.

Anything else to question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 01:14 AM

42 posts, read 167,698 times
I lived in a apartment there for a few years. I would not worry about getting snowed in. If it is a apartment complex I am sure they have someone who plows the snow when it gets really bad. I have lived downtown for most of my life and can't recall ever being "snowed in" anywhere.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:04 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,519,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
Anyone have any current info about renting in this area? A friend is considering an apartment just off 16th. I am concerned about the parking off the alley since the alley is so narrow and might get blocked by snow.

nope. not to the question!

Old 06-24-2009, 06:48 PM

423 posts, read 1,248,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post

This is a quickly gentrifying area. South of 16th is the Old Northside, which is pretty much fully gentrified with lots of old classy homes. North of 16th is Herron-Morton Place, which is much dicier, but clearly gentrifying, with some very attractive homes, as well as vacant lots which are being used for infill. Many of the old apartment buildings along 16th have seen better days, but are being redeveloped into higher-end apartments and condos for professionals. As these buildings develop I suspect 16th Street will have a strong urban neighborhood feel and will get more to do within walking distance. Some retail is emerging around 21st and 22nd Street--not a lot, but it's likely to grow. Crime around here is still probably a bit high, but not getting higher--chances are the neighborhood now is in better shape than it has ever been for the past 60 years, and is likely only to get better.

If I were a buyer, I'd seriously consider this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis