Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2007, 04:07 PM

17 posts, read 178,352 times

Advertisements

Hello!

I just got accepted into grad school in the healthcare field at Indiana University in Indianapolis...........IU in Bloomington doens't offer grad programs in the healthcare professions (healthcare management)...I was wondering if anyone can tell me how prestigious the program is at IU in Indianapolis...I've heard that the program is pretty good.....Can anyone from Indianapolis or anybody else give me more information..I would appreciate it

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 06:32 AM

4,096 posts, read 11,418,829 times
My husband got his degree in finance while attending IUPUI but his degree says IU. It is as good as IU's rep.

I would suspect the program is very good since this area has one of the better locations for any health care program. It is in the midst of 9 or more huge hospitals, including Riley for kids, VA who is increasing its size, the University Hospital, etc. All within walking distance of IUPUI.

and a cool monorail to an outlying hospital.

There are three large new buildings going up or just finished between my house and the hospital area that all deal with medical research or treatment. Many opportunities and and education from IU would be "understood" by the people hiring there. You also have one of the best networking situations.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:50 AM

5 posts, read 58,850 times
I'll be starting residency at IU in 2008. From the feedback that I have gotten from many physicians, freinds and family, IU is a very well respected university. I feel a great sense of pride everytime I think about going there or everytime I tell someone I'm going there. I think your in a good position. Good luck.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:52 AM

hi sweetana!

Thanks for your input..did your husband enjoy his time at IUPUI? I am excited about coming, not only for my program but the fact that the medical school, dental school, and nursing school are Indianapolis as well...I might have roommates from one of those schools..I'm coming from down south (GA), so the midwest is going to be different with the cold weather (BRRRRRR)

Old 04-26-2007, 10:54 AM

Hye Outsider!

Congrats on your residency...I'm coming this fall 2007, graduating may 2009....I told someone this morning that I was coming to IU for healthcare management and the individual stared at me with his mouth open for a while and said, "WOW, you must be smart; excellent school!" Those were his words, not mine......Gee, I didn't know IU had this national or international prestige like that..If so, I feel blessed!

Last edited by aupz23; 04-26-2007 at 10:59 AM.. Reason: more comments

Old 04-26-2007, 12:23 PM

4,096 posts, read 11,418,829 times
I met some Thai girls finishing their PHD in dentistry at IUPUI. There is an interesting group of foreign students to get to know. They were lovely and so interesting. Denistis are mainly women in Thailand and they were getting their PHD to return to Thailand to teach.

IUPUI was better for my husband (finance). Even though many professors came down from Bloomington, he had several from the surrounding business community that taught part time. The students in the business program were a higher proportion of workers rather than right out of college. Led to a more in depth education and more networking with other working adults.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:42 PM

17,763 posts, read 39,575,823 times
As an IU graduate myself ... welcome and you made the right choice!

Old 04-27-2007, 06:41 PM

667 posts, read 2,879,593 times
I'm currently attending IUPUI right now. Congrats on getting into the program that you want. You stated though that it is healthcare management. Is this through Kelley school of business? What is your BS?

Old 04-27-2007, 07:06 PM

Hello Zig'sbird!

the master's of health administration program is located in the IU School of Public and Environmental Affairs (they're doing public administration and healthcare policy researchthere)....the program also allows you to work on a dual degree of the MHA and the MBA from the Kelley School of Business, the JD law degree from the IU Law School in Indianapolis with the MHA, MHA with Master's of Nursing from the IU School of Nursing, or MHA with MD degree from the IU School of Medicine. IU School of Medicine, IU Kelley School of Business, and IU School of Law work in collaboration with the IU School of Public and Environmental Affairs... I got my BS in management at University of Georgia in Athens, GA....................

Last edited by aupz23; 04-27-2007 at 07:16 PM.. Reason: more comments
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis