Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 10:59 AM

33 posts, read 104,557 times

Advertisements

Now, I've posted previous post about finding apartments in my new hometown of Birmingham, AL and hopefully a future home in NC. Well, I'm originally from Ft. Wayne, IN, and thought about living in Indianapolis for a little while. I love the downtown area, but haven't had an opportunity to look into renting.

Anyone have recommendations on renting downtown? Specifically pet friendly places (I have 3 cats under 10lbs)...prefer 2 bedrooms, but 1 is ok...and priced well under $1000. I can handle a drive to the downtown area, but walking distance would be lovely.

I'd appreciate comments on some apartments on the outskirts of downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 05:51 PM

914 posts, read 4,443,783 times
I live downtown (with my cat!) and rent from Van Rooy. So far I have been very happy with them. They have a fair selection of buildings around the downtown area. I get the impression that some buildings are better than others, but they are definitely worth a check out!

Old 08-13-2009, 07:50 PM

4,097 posts, read 11,473,825 times
Ditto what was said about Van rooy. Stallard is more questionable. You might call Buckingham Properties. They are renovating a 12 story next to the new library right downtown and it may be in the affordable range. Not many know a lot about them but they are really establishing themselves downtown. Dont know their policies. They may have a time delay in getting the Ambassador ready but would be good to check with them. They also own the Plaza next door and manage others.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:58 PM

4 posts, read 30,898 times
Mod cut. Go with someone like Van Rooy or anything besides Mod cut.. You won't regret it. Anyway, come to Indy, the city will love you!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-02-2019 at 03:11 PM.. Reason: Consumer complaints are not permitted.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:54 AM

9 posts, read 76,206 times
You would really like Riley Towers. I lived there for 2 years. They are pet friendly and you can even have dogs. It is the only downtown apartment complex that has a pool! It also has tennis courts. They are sky-rise apartments, we lived on the 16th floor (goes all the way up to the 28th). One wall is mostly windows, making the view absolutely beautiful. You can also get a balcony! You can walk anywhere downtown and if you needed a cab ride home from the bar, a cab ride anywhere downtown is 5 dollars. The community is very friendly, also and you are close to Mass Ave. You can get a studio apartment there for around 550-700 dollars, and a one or two bedroom for about 800-100 dollars.

I would seriously check it out, I loved living here!

Old 03-04-2010, 09:30 AM

1 posts, read 6,358 times
I am considering moving to Indianapolis and would like to live within walking distance to Riley childrens hospital any advice about neighborhoods would be appreciated.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:11 PM

212 posts, read 615,169 times
^ Try something on the Canal????

Old 03-04-2010, 04:07 PM

4,097 posts, read 11,473,825 times
There is not too much next to Riley or truly year around walkable. I live at around 10th and Alabama and could do it most all the year. It would be more difficult in the winter when no one shovels the snow and in drenching rain or at night since there are not a lot of "eyes" for safety along the route.

Lockfield Gardens is next to the hospital complex as is the university, IUPUI, which pulls in a lot of students. There are a apartments (somewhat expensive) on the canal which would be walkable. Sometimes there are rentals in homes in Ransom Place which is the neighborhood next to the hospital complex. It is industrial north, nothing west and the university is south so the only place to really look is east. There may also be a rental or two on Fayette Street? which is the street next to Dr. MLK Drive on the other side of Ransom Place.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:02 AM

369 posts, read 681,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLove15 View Post
You would really like Riley Towers. It is the only downtown apartment complex that has a pool!
The above is not correct at all. Lockefield Gardens has a pool. Canal Courts has a pool. Gardens of Canal Courts has two pools. The Cosmo is going to have a, get this, salt water pool!! Yuck!

Old 03-07-2010, 05:56 PM

1,099 posts, read 3,735,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravekid View Post
The above is not correct at all. Lockefield Gardens has a pool. Canal Courts has a pool. Gardens of Canal Courts has two pools. The Cosmo is going to have a, get this, salt water pool!! Yuck!
I heard that salt water pools are really cool. They are supposed to be easier and less expensive to maintain, easier on your skin, has less chemical smell, some people like it more because it's more "natural" HOWEVER... the salt water passes through a process of electrolysis which basically converts it into chlorine anyway, so it ends up being pretty much the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis