Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 06:50 PM

197 posts, read 1,062,965 times

Advertisements

When you visit Bexley apartments, you will see that there's another complex accross the street from it, I live in a subdvision next to it but do not remember the name right now.....you will like the area and it's so convenient....a Starbucks is around the corner ..... he...he...he.....no kidding, supermarkets, banks, restaurants are minutes away and at the same time keeping a small town feeling....Old downtonw Greenwood is 5 minutes away.....very old houses and restaurants....I like it !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2007, 02:41 PM

3 posts, read 10,214 times
I live at Keeneland Crest apts. off I-65 and Co. Line Rd. Actually Stop 11 near Emerson. (Couple blocks from St. Francis hospital) VERY quiet and nice. Convenient to all the major stores and restaurants. I pay $760/mo INCLUDING 1 car garage. Great area!

Old 08-29-2009, 11:38 PM

1 posts, read 3,579 times
Default stonebridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pera View Post
Hey thanks for the sugestions. Right now there are only two places we are going to check out;

1) Stonebridge Luxury apartments
2) Bexley Village Apartments
I live in Stonebridge now and would not move for anything, great staff and really nice and safe place to live. Call Jen or Jackie in the office they will take care of you,

Old 08-31-2009, 08:28 PM

423 posts, read 1,243,541 times
Most apartments in South Indy that are south of Thompson Road are likely to be fine. North of Thompson Road is more likely to have consistent crime issues. As is the case with apartments, unfortunately, the newer ones tend to be better because they can command a higher price. I hate the social stratification that comes with this, but if an apartment is 20+ years old it is usually going to be somewhat beat-up and will likely draw a lower income population. The only area in Perry Township where the apartments have a somewhat shady reputation is the cluster that surrounds Stop 11 Road and Madison Avenue. Even these are probably okay, and are especially good if you want a diverse, international feel, since you will get people from all over the world (particularly a lot of Burmese). But that can also be an adjustment since the cultural differences are often profound (far more than with Mexicans or other Latin Americans). And crime might be a greater issue.

Anywhere else, but particularly the apartments around Emerson Avenue, are good. Greenwood is fine, though the apartments around the Greenwood Park Mall will have significant "diversity" (ethnic and socioeconomic) again--I'd prefer that personally but know that is not everyone's style.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:26 PM

111 posts, read 344,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pera View Post
Downtown is a little bit further up North than we would like. I work in Seymour, which is about 50 miles to Greenwood. So I try to be as close to South part of Indy as possible. Are there no good places to rent in South side of Indy?
Ha, I did the Greenwood to Seymour commute for about four months. It'd be best to either live near the interstate or find a place in or around Franklin. I lived in the Center Grove area and it'd take me some days over an hour to get to Seymour. If you don't mind saying, what type of work do you do?

Old 09-05-2009, 02:11 PM

10 posts, read 47,281 times
Default Also looking for place in Greenwood or surrounding

I am looking to rent also..All the homes I found online look like dumps! The apartments that I found are:

Traditions (but I'm concerned about the income cut off and the type that attracts). Looks nice in pics but I know how that goes

Pebble Creek - couldn't find any reviews

South Haven Village

Autumn Chase Apartments.

That's it.

Any thoughts?

Old 09-06-2009, 04:01 PM

423 posts, read 1,243,541 times
Default e

Quote:
Originally Posted by argonamy View Post
I am looking to rent also..All the homes I found online look like dumps! The apartments that I found are:

I'm not sure what your standards are, but not too many homes on the southside are what I would call "dumps". However, if a home is for rent, that usually means it was unable to sell, so there could be some other feature about it that hampered its desirability--could be lack of maintenance, or, in this economy, just about anything.

Hopefully someone else can help you with details on these apartment complexes.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:00 PM

2 posts, read 4,317 times
Default dont go to pebble creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by argonamy View Post

Traditions (but I'm concerned about the income cut off and the type that attracts). Looks nice in pics but I know how that goes

Pebble Creek - couldn't find any reviews

South Haven Village

Autumn Chase Apartments.

That's it.

Any thoughts?
dont move here dont buy here, office staff is like a rotating door, they are not helpful , concerned, or care. they tow your vehicles out of your drive and then blame it on you and say you should have called to tell us you renewed you plate, they tell you they didnt do it even though they hired pro tow to tow for them , their protow doesnt even check your plate to see if you renewed it, and charge you totally high rates to buy, they are so going down hill since yrs ago there has been 4 different managers and office people and the staff only gets worse and worse. they dont repair much at all . dont even think about getting cable cause the only thing available here is direct tv that is all they allow you to get yeah, and they have bunch of rules they dont inforce unless they feel like it. they are just going down it was a nice place when jamie was the manager and her staff , but now ever since a year or so ago. you will greatly regret it. and they also let all the punk kids come to the playground and the people that dont even live here come to our park and our pool, they do nothing about fixing the place but charge a bigger fee every year the lot rent goes up 8-16 dollars, when i moved here the lot rent was 359. now it is 409.00a month and 50 late fee and if your more then 15-16 days late then you have to pay 160.-190 in court fees , i have only live here 4 yrs and lot rent has went up that much..............well, i warned you , oh and dont buy and try to sell it back , you end up getting 1/3 of what you paid cause office makes their money that way....good luck and go to apartments you would be better off.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:01 PM

2 posts, read 4,317 times
Default previous posting was about pebble creek greenwood

that was about pebble creek of greenwood indiana
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis