Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2010, 12:37 PM

990 posts, read 1,726,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnasty View Post
From what I have been told there is a group formulating to put pressure on the prosecution. The thought process is if this had involved a girl being assaulted, charges would have been filed already. Supposedly some of the parents of these goons are trying to manipulate the legal system and quiet the victim.
I'm not a bit surprised about the manipulation of the legal system -I'm sure they are old pros at that. I agree that if this had happened to a girl it would have been handled differently. I've also heard that the victims were black-if so- wonder if it would have been different if they were white. I just hope something is done to these creeps it makes me sick to think about what they did and that they might get away with it,and that they thought they would get away with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 08:06 AM

I hope this story isn't starting to slip under the rug-there doesn't seem to be much to comment on-but isn't that what "they" want?

Old 03-27-2010, 02:15 PM

369 posts, read 681,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swmr1ml View Post
I hope this story isn't starting to slip under the rug-there doesn't seem to be much to comment on-but isn't that what "they" want?
Well, at first no one was giving any definitive times. We now have folks saying decisions should be made by the time April is over. The rich kid who went missing became a huge news story, and that story isn't over yet. The media is salivating over if the kid was drunk or not.

My guess is that we should have another Carmel story/follow-up this week.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:05 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,059,883 times
Here is the latest story I just saw on Indy Star. It should be interesting to see what this guy does next week.

CarmelStar.com | Carmel, Indiana, breaking news, photos, things to do | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

Old 04-04-2010, 09:03 AM

780 posts, read 1,542,654 times
It is truly amazing that it has taken almost 3 months for a decision to be made on these charges. I wonder if this would have happened if the accuser were a girl.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:17 AM

2,157 posts, read 5,493,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnasty View Post
It is truly amazing that it has taken almost 3 months for a decision to be made on these charges. I wonder if this would have happened if the accuser were a girl.
I would bet my life that if this were a girl, it wouldn't have happened...this is so ludicrous! Then again, it may not be that crazy...I mean...it is the American justice system we are talking about!! Haha

Old 04-05-2010, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
I would bet my life that if this were a girl, it wouldn't have happened...this is so ludicrous! Then again, it may not be that crazy...I mean...it is the American justice system we are talking about!! Haha
Not only is it the American justice system but it's the Carmel justice system-where money talks and the suspects have money and clout-don't forget they are entitled to do as they please.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:10 AM

2,157 posts, read 5,493,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swmr1ml View Post
Not only is it the American justice system but it's the Carmel justice system-where money talks and the suspects have money and clout-don't forget they are entitled to do as they please.
Yeah, you are right! I honestly cannot state which is crazier...the actual crime or the lack of justice!

Old 04-05-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
Yeah, you are right! I honestly cannot state which is crazier...the actual crime or the lack of justice!
I agree one is as bad as the other-the disgusting things these guys allegedly did(why would they want to be known as people that would do these sort of things,of course people would know they did it.) Then you have to say as an administrator or head coach why would you want to be known as the one who covers up.Soooo much arrogance is what really makes me sick

Old 04-09-2010, 09:26 AM

How can it take so long to decide whether to press charges or not? Slowly and quietly slipping under the rug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis