Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2010, 03:25 PM

9 posts, read 26,980 times

Advertisements

Hello--
I am a single 33 yr old woman moving to Indy in the early fall from Atlanta. I am trying to decide where to live, and was thinking of possibly Broad Ripple. Ideally, I want to be close to restaurants/nightlife/etc, and would love to find an safe and secure apartment complex with a pool. Price range around $800-1000 for a 2br. I want to meet new people so was thinking an apartment might be the way to go, instead of a house. I've been stuck in the 'burbs of Atlanta for awhile now and am ready to be closer to the action. I will be working downtown. Any suggestions of where to live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 07:52 AM

1,099 posts, read 3,736,207 times
I am also 33, and if I were single with no kids, I would love to live in Broad Ripple. I like to go there for concerts and eating out, and it always seems to have such a great vibe. This weekend was/is the Broad Ripple Art show, and I heard it was awesome. There are some down sides, I"m sure (noise, drunk people, crowds, some crime).

Old 05-18-2010, 11:30 AM

797 posts, read 2,338,209 times
I would recommend looking at Shore Acres apartments. They are just 1-2 miles north of the main strip in Broad Ripple and right on the Monon trail. There are lots of trees around the apartments and it's very walkable to the restaurants and bars while being far enough away that you won't have the noise and the drunks. I looked at them recently. They have a washer/dryer in the unit and some other good aspects.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:34 AM

Also, it's a little nicer up this way than if you were to head south of broad ripple and cheaper than the
Monon (Place?) apartments that are right where the Monon crosses Kessler. Those apartments are overpriced and don't offer as much as Shore Acres

Old 05-19-2010, 06:09 AM

891 posts, read 2,450,302 times
Shore Acres and Monon Place are two good apts.

Be careful about anything south of 54th street they try and claim those apartments are in Broad Ripple, but they really are not and the neighborhood drops off sharply sotuh of 54th street especially the apartment complexes.

If I were you I would also consider living in the Keystone at the Crossing area. It is nice, close to a very nice mall, restaurants....it ins't the walking neighborhood that Broad Ripple is, but if I were you I would at least check it out. There are 3 very nice complexes there, just avoid at all costs River Road Apartments. Not to be confused with River Ridge which is excellent

Old 05-19-2010, 06:58 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,054,582 times
I would live downtown. You will be able to afford a nice apartment with your budget, and be close to your work while still being able to walk to bars etc. However, I believe the only building with a pool downtown is Riley Towers, and I'm not sure of the price, but it is near your range.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:18 AM

Downtown is great, but you also have to factor in about another $50 or more per month to pay for parking at several places. Plus, I've heard Riley Towers is going to be tearing down and rebuilding their parking garages this year which I would imagine will be a mess for people living there. Places downtown will also be a little smaller for the price, and I didn't find many places there that had an option for having a washer/dryer in the actual apartment unit. A few, but not many. Just a few things to consider when looking downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
View detailed profiles of: