Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 10:29 PM

550 posts, read 1,355,845 times

Advertisements

to avoid advertisement on youtube, use firefox as your browser with the adblock plus add-on. You will never see another ad on youtube (both picture and video).

About youtube, it is what you make of it. By subscribing to users you like, you can customize your experience and watch what you want to watch. Anyone that thinks youtube is crap should check out worldstar hip-hop, now that is a piece of crap video site targeted to urban/hip hop culture. You'll worry about the future of america after viewing that site lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 09:27 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,694,332 times
Seems the OP was a troll, no?
Starts a thread "Youtube sucks" and gives no reason.
Then doesn't return?

Stop feeding this one....

Old 03-06-2011, 06:54 AM

584 posts, read 1,935,639 times
i love you tube great forum to post and to see info and share it.and get all view points in the comments,and self published news and commentary that dose not have to answer to corporate America.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:29 AM

901 posts, read 2,387,012 times
Maybe this will sound corny, but I think YouTube is one of the greatest websites they ever came out with. There are a LOT of great videos there. It just depends on what you're wanting to watch. You can't simply go there and browse around, hoping to stumble across something interesting. Much like doing a Google search, you have to search for things by name or subject. I've found some old songs and videos of my favorite singer from childhood that I never knew existed....and she was an extremely popular singer in the 1970s. I've also found some very informative videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
You watch what? 2-3 minutes of commercials before your favorite TV show begins, what's the difference?
The ability to fast-forward past the commercials when watching them on TV, that's the difference. (And it's actually more like 4 minutes of commercials per average commercial block these days. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Seems the OP was a troll, no?
Starts a thread "Youtube sucks" and gives no reason.
Then doesn't return?

Stop feeding this one....
Amazing how trolls can get conversations started, though. This one's at 3 pages now.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:37 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times
I tried to logon the other night and it wanted me to create a google account and link it which I do not want to do so I guess for the time being I am done uploading and voting and whatever on YouTube untill I really HAVE to for a customer or the clan. So I would go with yes, YouTube is gone to poop.

Old 03-09-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I tried to logon the other night and it wanted me to create a google account and link it which I do not want to do so I guess for the time being I am done uploading and voting and whatever on YouTube untill I really HAVE to for a customer or the clan. So I would go with yes, YouTube is gone to poop.
I noticed the same thing when I tried logging in, but I simply clicked "Skip for now" under the "Create and link accounts" button - and it let me continue on just fine.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:04 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,029,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insightofitall View Post
I noticed the same thing when I tried logging in, but I simply clicked "Skip for now" under the "Create and link accounts" button - and it let me continue on just fine.
The time will come. Eventually it will tell you you must link your account, or log out.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:39 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,029,019 times
I used to spend almost all of my online time on YouTube back in the day, before Google bought it. I was almost non-stop scanning the top lists of videos. Then they took the "You" out of YouTube, and replaced it with all the commercial crap and I lost interest. It got too big and too hard to find good videos. For the last four years or so, all I do is go to my subscription page, and watch the ever decreasing amount of videos are on it. I almost never see the front page these days.

Most of what I watch now, are on other video sites, or once in a while searching for something I end up on YouTube.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:48 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insightofitall View Post
That option is gone now. I dont want every sing website I am on linked together. I hate GMail and will never use it for emails or anything of the sort.

Poster above me is right. IMHO YouTube went to hell the last few years and this is the nail in the coffin for me. They did take hte YOU out of YouTube. Its just not fun like it used to be. You have to link in crap that you dont want to and its plastered with advertisements too. The Google machine is like a freaking wrecking ball.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
That option is gone now. I dont want every sing website I am on linked together. I hate GMail and will never use it for emails or anything of the sort.

Poster above me is right. IMHO YouTube went to hell the last few years and this is the nail in the coffin for me. They did take hte YOU out of YouTube. Its just not fun like it used to be. You have to link in crap that you dont want to and its plastered with advertisements too. The Google machine is like a freaking wrecking ball.
The option is still there for me, Brian. I literally just checked 2 minutes ago when I read this comment from you.

If you ask me, YouTube is the same as it has always been. You can still browse different categories, you can still search by subject or name, etc. What's the big deal? Yes, I've noticed some more ads...but hey, the site has to be paid for SOMEHOW in order to provide free videos. Whatever. You guys go on and moan about it all you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet