Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 12:49 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,257,378 times

Advertisements

When you google someones youtube account which is closed but google gives 2 results for it with days after account is closed...

Does it mean it is not closed but on private state and user has still used it on those days which google has given to results?

Or why google would react to closed youtube account?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 02:33 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,664,095 times
Google's search results aren't actual instant scans of the entire internet.

Google scans the internet on a schedule and updates their information. When you search for something Google just returns whatever they have in their history from the last scan.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Workz View Post
Google's search results aren't actual instant scans of the entire internet.

Google scans the internet on a schedule and updates their information. When you search for something Google just returns whatever they have in their history from the last scan.

Okay well that was bad news.

What about when music videos are still able to view? Does this mean user is not just log in to ages and youtube account is closed automaticly after a year? If account is closed by user should it close music video links which user has load, also?

Old 02-12-2012, 10:22 AM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiippaKiwi View Post
Okay well that was bad news.

What about when music videos are still able to view? Does this mean user is not just log in to ages and youtube account is closed automaticly after a year? If account is closed by user should it close music video links which user has load, also?
Are you searcing on youtube, or just google?

Not sure what exactly you're asking here...

If the videos are still viewable, then the account is still technically active, I would think...This all depends on the user's setting though.

Pretty sure youtube only closes accounts automatically if there are too many copyright violations.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Are you searcing on youtube, or just google?

Not sure what exactly you're asking here...

If the videos are still viewable, then the account is still technically active, I would think...This all depends on the user's setting though.

Pretty sure youtube only closes accounts automatically if there are too many copyright violations.
googled. I am just asking can I know if there is anyone keeping that youtube account up or not anymore.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
googled. I am just asking can I know if there is anyone keeping that youtube account up or not anymore.
On youtube, what happens when you click on the uploader's name?

Usually it shows their latest activity (if they are logging in) on the profile...

Other than that, I don't think there is anyway to be absolutely certain. Unless you want to try sending them a message, or comment on a video (They will recieve an alert in their email)

Old 02-12-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
On youtube, what happens when you click on the uploader's name?

Usually it shows their latest activity (if they are logging in) on the profile...

Other than that, I don't think there is anyway to be absolutely certain. Unless you want to try sending them a message, or comment on a video (They will recieve an alert in their email)

I saw last activity day before, it was over a year ago. About a year of the last activity day it started to show same day when account was created.

I have no youtube account so I cannot comment or ask.

Old 02-12-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I saw last activity day before, it was over a year ago. About a year of the last activity day it started to show same day when account was created.

I have no youtube account so I cannot comment or ask.
So, what is it you are trying to find out about this user?

It's quite possible they only created the account to upload a video or two, then just abandoned it. If they haven't logged in for over a year, it is most likely innactive, but the videos should still play on youtube.

Old 02-12-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
So, what is it you are trying to find out about this user?

It's quite possible they only created the account to upload a video or two, then just abandoned it. If they haven't logged in for over a year, it is most likely innactive, but the videos should still play on youtube.
Just if that person exist or not anymore. Yes, direct links are still working. Maybe he loaded more private stuff and google registered those days, maybe not. I guess I will never know.

Old 02-12-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Just if that person exist or not anymore. Yes, direct links are still working. Maybe he loaded more private stuff and google registered those days, maybe not. I guess I will never know.

I suppose that's possible. There are alot of privacy settings on youtube. Sometimes things available to friends/subscribers aren't always available to the general public.

You should get an account! It will make it easier for you to access things on youtube.

...Or am I helping you stalk someone?! lol, jk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet