Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2012, 07:41 PM

7,034 posts, read 14,474,847 times

Advertisements

I sell an online product (in PDF) form on Ebay but on multiple occasions, I've had sellers say they did not receive my product and cannot see any attachments. However, according to my records in Gmail, I've clearly included the attachments.

This has occured in 2 out of the 14 people who have bought this particular product on ebay to be sent via Email.

In many instances, attaching the PDFs in Gmail (3 of them total about 300Kb) and sending them works as intended. But I'm baffled in the few instances here where it doesn't work.

What gives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 07:50 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,435,954 times
It probably does work and they're trying to get their money back after getting a copy of the PDF. Other than that, they don't have Reader installed.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:58 PM

23,589 posts, read 70,358,767 times
Some may have limitations on the size of email allowed. Post the PDF to your private website with no link to it, then provide the address of the PDF to them alone for download. After a day, rename or delete it. Not a big deal. I have to do program files like this.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:23 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
There is no 100% guarantee that I know of concerning the delivery of email.

What harry suggests is the 99.9% foolproof way... (there will always be that .1% that will say their IP address was spoofed).

Old 06-25-2012, 11:16 AM

720 posts, read 3,006,390 times
basicaly people who are not honest and not good ebayers know that if you can't provide a tracking number which you cannot on something sent via email vs usps you that they can say they never received it and will automatically get their money back.

same thing goes for items over $250 if you dont have a signature and somene claims they never got it even if tracking shows it was delivered they will automatically get their money back. its important to know ebay rules and policies because some people on ebay play games nad work the system.

dont ever take paypal for a pickup or delivered item because the customer can say they never rec it and get their money back and ebay/paypal has no method of confirming your delivery for these thing yet they force you to accept paypal as payment.

i was under the impressiopn ebay didnt even allow electronic transfer of goods anymore.

i myself sell an electronic product an ebook and informational lists however i send it on cd. kinda sucks cuz people dont wanna pay more and thats another couple bucks i losee out on but gotta do it

Old 06-25-2012, 11:25 AM

7,034 posts, read 14,474,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaicabound60565 View Post
basicaly people who are not honest and not good ebayers know that if you can't provide a tracking number which you cannot on something sent via email vs usps you that they can say they never received it and will automatically get their money back.

same thing goes for items over $250 if you dont have a signature and somene claims they never got it even if tracking shows it was delivered they will automatically get their money back. its important to know ebay rules and policies because some people on ebay play games nad work the system.

dont ever take paypal for a pickup or delivered item because the customer can say they never rec it and get their money back and ebay/paypal has no method of confirming your delivery for these thing yet they force you to accept paypal as payment.

i was under the impressiopn ebay didnt even allow electronic transfer of goods anymore.

i myself sell an electronic product an ebook and informational lists however i send it on cd. kinda sucks cuz people dont wanna pay more and thats another couple bucks i losee out on but gotta do it
I made some printable templates for flyers and stuff that I use myself and later realized I could sell them on Ebay for some extra bucks.. I just sell them on Ebay for like $1 each to be emailed to the buyer. It's just peanuts for some extra income.

Most of the time, I don't really care if the seller complains.. I just give them the benefit of the doubt and refund them.. until I started getting threats when they claimed I didn't send them any attachments. Why someone would want to threaten you over a $1 item is beyond my understanding.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:56 AM

8,301 posts, read 13,434,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
I made some printable templates for flyers and stuff that I use myself and later realized I could sell them on Ebay for some extra bucks.. I just sell them on Ebay for like $1 each to be emailed to the buyer. It's just peanuts for some extra income.

Most of the time, I don't really care if the seller complains.. I just give them the benefit of the doubt and refund them.. until I started getting threats when they claimed I didn't send them any attachments. Why someone would want to threaten you over a $1 item is beyond my understanding.
As others mentioned, there are dishonest people everywhere and no amount is too small for them to cheat over. Do what harry chickpea said. Find a file hosting site, even free ones like DropBox should work. Upload the files one time then provide the link to the buyers, you can make it secure so only those you want can access it and/or for a specific time period too. That method would be much easier to manage and effective against scoundrels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet