Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2012, 05:36 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,205,444 times

Advertisements

I accepted a Friend Request about a month ago from someone I do NOT know, but they were/are "friends" with several other people I DO know. Today, I went to my Friend List, clicked on this person's name, and the "Friends" status is checked, but when I click on their actual name, NOTHING comes up, it goes directly back to MY homepage. I am now feeling VERY UNEASY about this. The name is weird also....like something that is perhaps made up. My intent is to Unfriend them, as something is ringing very wrong about this. But how do you "Unfriend" someone that does not come up when you click on their name??? Please, any advice on what to do would be deeply appreciated. Thank you very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 06:10 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,189,891 times
I do NOT ever add people I don't know in person. If some stranger tries adding me, I decline their request and block them. You should try blocking the person.

OTOH, since you cannot access their page, maybe they've deactivated their account.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
I do NOT ever add people I don't know in person. If some stranger tries adding me, I decline their request and block them. You should try blocking the person.

OTOH, since you cannot access their page, maybe they've deactivated their account.
I agree with you about NOT adding people I don't know in person. This is a prime example of why. I will block the person. It is very possible that they have deactivated their account. I have been trying to find answers to this question on FB Help...very little answers. Thank you very much for your response.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:02 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,437,932 times
Go to your facebook page (click your name at the top left), then click "friends" to view your list of friends. Find the friend you want to de-friend, hover over their name (do not click) - this will bring up a menu. Hover over "friends" (do not click), this will bring up another menu. Click unfriend.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyn View Post
Go to your facebook page (click your name at the top left), then click "friends" to view your list of friends. Find the friend you want to de-friend, hover over their name (do not click) - this will bring up a menu. Hover over "friends" (do not click), this will bring up another menu. Click unfriend.
I apologize for not seeing your post sooner - thank you very much for your response. The person seems to no longer appear on my list of friends. I did have to change my password twice since then as it appeared that a hacker did get into my FB account. Seems under control now. Thank you kindly for your response & help. Wishing you and everyone a good week-end. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet