Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2007, 12:42 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times

Advertisements

We are unable to open any attachments on Yahoomail. There are, apparently, no actual humans working at Yahoo. When you try to get to support online, you are sent into an unending circle of non-support.
Does anyoone know what's up with Yahoo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 09:24 AM

510 posts, read 3,201,306 times
Are you sure you're unable to open any attachments? Or is it just a certain attachment someone is trying to send you? I've not used yahoo mail for anything other than my super dummy address for internet stuff, so I don't completely remember...but I thought you had to save the attachment before you opened it?

In any case, are you sure that you have the program you need to open the attachment? If you save it to your desktop, does it have an icon that shows up on it? Or is it the windows icon that shows it's not associated with any installed program?

If you really can't open the attachment, you could set up a gmail account and try and use that. I suppose it could be a browser issue... but if you could open attachments previously, but not now...then it's not likely to be that.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:18 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
The point is that one day, attachments opened just fine, and then they didn't. We can send to another email and open them, but shouldn't need to. Several others have attempted to get this same question answered at yahoo support, but no one responds.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:32 AM

3,294 posts, read 9,187,103 times
Are you using yahoo or yahoo beta? If you are using regular yahoo, are you using traditional view or full featured?

I discovered bugs in beta and full featured has issues as well so I am set at regular yahoo traditional view and have no problems as long as I stay within their limit. Liz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet