Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 08:10 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,909 times

Advertisements

Something happened yesterday and all of this computer talk came up on my screen. I shut down my computer, it was gone afterwards but now there are some things I can't do anymore that I could do just fine before.
To do these things, I have to go to Firefox which I don't like to use because Babylon took over as my search which is the reason I started using chrome.
Anybody know how you get in touch with a live person at Chrome? I have no computer sense whatsoever so can't understand what the written word is even talking about.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 09:04 AM

492 posts, read 1,397,303 times
Default Remove Babylon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
To do these things, I have to go to Firefox which I don't like to use because Babylon took over as my search which is the reason I started using chrome.
Thanks
Have You tried this?How to Uninstall Babylon Toolbar

Old 08-04-2012, 09:50 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
I would also be slightly concerned that you are now infected with something.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:08 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,435,954 times
Quote:
and all of this computer talk came up on my screen.
Just FYI, this was most likely very helpful information. Next time your computer tells you something (error message, blue screen, etc) try and write it down and post it here. 99% of the people I work with never read anything their computers tell them, then they wonder why their computers never work right. It's usually telling you this info for a reason

Google doesn't have phone support for Chrome as far as I know, since it is a free-to-use app. Try uninstalling it and reinstalling it, and see what happens.

Also could you elaborate on "but now there are some things I can't do anymore that I could do just fine before?" What type of things?

Old 08-04-2012, 06:56 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Something happened yesterday and all of this computer talk came up on my screen. I shut down my computer, it was gone afterwards but now there are some things I can't do anymore that I could do just fine before.
Anybody know how you get in touch with a live person at Chrome? I have no computer sense whatsoever so can't understand what the written word is even talking about.
Thanks

Was the message saying something about...."Unresponsive"

Old 08-04-2012, 07:15 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
TVSG, please don't try to help, you will only make things worse

Old 08-05-2012, 07:42 PM

1,446 posts, read 4,596,039 times
I had a problem recently with Google Chrome. Everytime I opened up Google Chrome, an error emssage appeared saying something that my profile was corrupted. So I checked online and found out other people were having the same problem with Chrome. The online suggestions to fix the problem did not work or make any sense. So I looked up Google's Headquarters along with closest regional office. I sent them a detailed description of my problems via snail mail. Around the time they should have gotten my mail, my problem suddenly disappeared and everything was back to normal. Either Google Chrome was fixed because of so many people complaining or they someone fixed my browser (but i do not see how this is possible). Anyway, if you are having a problem that is clearly with Google Chrome, I guess you can try to do what i did and write to them via the postal service. It is true indeed that they have no customer service via telephone. However, I suggest that you find out what is causing your problem first and only write to them if you know for sure that the problem is Chrome and not your computer.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:25 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
Try running toolbarcleaner.com . It only takes a few seconds, it will identify all toolbars in all your browsers, and give you an instant uninstall of any you don't want.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:13 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyn View Post
Just FYI, this was most likely very helpful information. Next time your computer tells you something (error message, blue screen, etc) try and write it down and post it here. 99% of the people I work with never read anything their computers tell them, then they wonder why their computers never work right. It's usually telling you this info for a reason

Google doesn't have phone support for Chrome as far as I know, since it is a free-to-use app. Try uninstalling it and reinstalling it, and see what happens.

Also could you elaborate on "but now there are some things I can't do anymore that I could do just fine before?" What type of things?
Sorry, just remembered that I asked this question because it is not fixed but I have learned to work around it.
This is what happens:
If I want to go somewhere? Before I would just click on the link and it would go right away, now I have to go way below the link that I want before it will go there. It is happening on Ebay which is the place I need it the most, other sites seem to be fine. Before it happened, (I was on Ebay when the computer nbrs came up) I could work on Ebay just fine but now have to make sure I go pretty far below the link like at least 1/4 of an inch.
Thanks

Old 08-15-2012, 11:51 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Wouldn't it be a lot easier to download a new browser??

Try Safari
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet