Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 05:43 AM

45,354 posts, read 60,534,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Facebook has legitimate uses if one is careful. As with any tool, it can work well for some, but not for others.

As to why someone would want to use a child as a profile pic ... why not? I've changed mine several times between various pics of myself and various other pics depending on what some of my friends are doing. Sometimes they start trends I find amusing.

If I want to use a picture of Underdog as my profile pic, should I clear it with you first?

I wouldn't care but Underdog might get pissed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 02:10 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,193,209 times
Is it because they are butt-ugly?

Old 09-04-2012, 11:06 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,222,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
To show any potential suitors she's fertile? Or to show ex-boyfriends that she would indeed eventually have sex?

Or more likely because some people's children so totally consume them they lose their own identity.
I know several women who are little more than a mother now.

That being said, I can think of several reasons why people don't use their own pics, some of which have been posted. I seldom have my own picture on my FB page. I have more fun putting amusing pics up, or posting a pic to reflect my opinion of a current situation.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:15 AM

16,546 posts, read 19,685,380 times
There is exaclty nothing wrong with putting your kids pic on your Facebook page.

Haters gott'a hate and find SOMETHING to bash Facebookers' over....

Old 09-09-2012, 10:01 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,948,301 times
Maybe men are less likely to make unwanted advances on women who have children and/or women who are reluctant to display themselves in profile searches. Most people have many pictures in their Facebook profile, and designate one of them to be the default picture. Anyone they have friended can see all their photos, but strangers only get one, which can be used as a filter.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:17 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,465,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
There is exaclty nothing wrong with putting your kids pic on your Facebook page.

Haters gott'a hate and find SOMETHING to bash Facebookers' over....
So child molesters, sex offenders, and kidnappers never use Facebook?

Old 09-13-2012, 11:21 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,222,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I'm not going to live my life in the dark because twisted people exist.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:28 AM

16,546 posts, read 19,685,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post

That's your argument for why people shouldn't post pics of their kids?

What's he going to do? Cyber Molest my son?

Old 09-13-2012, 02:03 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,676,380 times
I go the dog section in this forum and use peoples cute dogs as my profile picture. Here is my latest facebook profile picture. When people tell me how cute my dog is, i say thanks i know

Old 09-13-2012, 02:08 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,465,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post

That's your argument for why people shouldn't post pics of their kids?

What's he going to do? Cyber Molest my son?
Wow! I suppose your Facebook doesn't list your name, your City and State? You do realize a person can make a simple "white pages" search online with just that information and can pretty much find out anything they want about you. Don't believe me? Goto The Official WhitePages - Find People for Free and see if you don't find information you would assume not to share with the public. Heck, mine even gave information on who my parents and my siblings are, their addresses, and their phone numbers. It just took me 30 seconds, no cost! I could pay a small fee and find even more detailed information if I was that much of a stalker. So here's a right back at ya, Peregrine. It pays to be cautious online, especially when it comes to your little ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet