Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 08:32 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,844,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post
I discovered a post on Facebook that an ex-employee of our company was working for us and a competitor at the same time. Spent the last month with our company trying to bring their clients to the new job. Our corporate office sued them and the new employer. If you are going to be deceitful don't post it on Facebook. The lawyers loved the screen shot with the date on it and nailed 'em.
Did that ex-employee ever sign a noncompete agreement AND pay consideration so that the contract was valid? If not, the company you work for doesn't have a pot to **** in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 06:55 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,475,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
Did that ex-employee ever sign a noncompete agreement AND pay consideration so that the contract was valid? If not, the company you work for doesn't have a pot to **** in.
Signed a non-compete and a non-disclosure of intellectual property. What people seem to be missing is that they were concurrently employed for a month by two different, competing companies and actively trying to steal business. Was taking customer files from our company and company CRM to their new job.

To give the other company credit this employee was deceitful with them as well, they thought this employee had quit working for our company before they started working there. The screen shot from Facebook proved otherwise and our ex-employee was placed on unpaid leave until the lawyers sorted everything out. Not a great way to start a new job.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:00 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iberian Stunner View Post
I post on the misc (bodybuilding.com), joined a month back and something bizarre happened. Some poster apparently pissed off the wrong guy. Now this poster had his picture up and everything and he had made so many posts about being some foreveralone guy in the UK and facing racism there, like had so many posts about it.

Apparently someone in real life recognized him from the forum and knew his name which he has refused to tell forum posters but I want to know this.

If someone was posting on an internet forum (or several of them) with an alias, people end up finding his picture, and they end up attaching a name to his picture, how screwed is he for life?
Frankly, I wish more sites required people to post using their real names. While people might occasionally have a legitimate reason to hide their true identities, 99% of the time posting anonymously just helps trolls, flamers and spammers. If you wouldn't say it to someone's face in real life, don't say it online.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:32 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,211,195 times
I suggest you check out the misc-drama website. Several folks on the misc had their lives ruined by getting outed.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:39 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iberian Stunner View Post
I post on the misc (bodybuilding.com), joined a month back and something bizarre happened. Some poster apparently pissed off the wrong guy. Now this poster had his picture up and everything and he had made so many posts about being some foreveralone guy in the UK and facing racism there, like had so many posts about it.

Apparently someone in real life recognized him from the forum and knew his name which he has refused to tell forum posters but I want to know this.

If someone was posting on an internet forum (or several of them) with an alias, people end up finding his picture, and they end up attaching a name to his picture, how screwed is he for life?
I luck upon that forum often, most of those users seem to be total dicks

Old 10-04-2013, 08:41 AM

1,006 posts, read 2,215,720 times
Why would he be screwed? So you know my name and what I look like, if I have given you no reason to stalk me, who cares? Essentially, if you don't make enemies, you have nothing to worry about....just like in life outside the Internet.

Old 10-04-2013, 09:36 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,538,195 times
It really is a matter of how you post information. State your opinions and don't bash the opinions of others. And by all means, don't bash other people.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:02 AM

7 posts, read 6,650 times
Boston Mike is pretty risky, must be only one or two of them.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:34 AM

993 posts, read 1,560,866 times
Depends what kind of stuff you post.

It wouldn't matter for me because everything I've posted here is stuff I don't mind others knowing or stuff that is widely known by people in my life.

On the other hand you have people like Michael Brutsch whose life was (rightfully) ruined when he was exposed as being the real identity behind a "troll" on Reddit.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:48 AM

75 posts, read 149,800 times
And don't contribute your opinions on abortion, religion or gay marriage as you never know what you mager's personal believe are. Add politics to that list. If feel you must, then use a gender neutral
user name, never mention specifically where you live and give out as few personsonal
details as you can.

It was my impression that HR, doesnt't dig too deep. They keep their search to Facebook, LiknIn an general searches. Goverment jobs? They have departments devoted to searches, but these tend to be more the sort of using key words "bombs, attacks and forthright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet