Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2014, 10:40 PM

144 posts, read 304,256 times

Advertisements

I have never had this problem on Craigslist before. I never had an actual account with them I just posted. Just the other day I posted to a "services" section, they asked me to phone verify. I gave my home phone #. I verified. Ad was posted. The next day I attempted to do the same thing, and I got the error: this # is already linked to another account. Well what account would that be, as it was just me, from the same IP, using the SAME email, not logged in on any account because I had none. So I actually go and create a password, still won't let me use my #.

I read one person said to ask for password reset and this may jar the system so you can use your # again. Didn't work. I emailed craigslist and all they did was repeat their canned explanation from the help page. Now I did post more than one ad in a services section in less than 24 hours, and later learned that any post you phone verify for, you can only post once every 48 hours, so I broke this rule but they did let the ads through. So could this just be a temporary lockout, or did this "error" occur cause they thought I was spamming so they've now made it impossible for me to use my #? Anyone have any experience with this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 02:01 PM

843 posts, read 2,216,541 times
CL is a free site, sometimes you get what you pay for.

Did you try posting in the help-desk forum: https://forums.craigslist.org/?areaID=92&forumID=9

Old 03-06-2014, 04:58 AM

10 posts, read 57,962 times
Someone you know (as they have to have had access to your phone to get the confirmation code CL sends, and activate their account), has used your phone number within the last 90 days.

You can either wait 90 days +/- and try again, or acquire a new phone number via magic jack, pinger, line2, or any of the other cheap or free services out there (just know that it may take a few tries as a LOT of spammers do this, so numerous phone numbers end up being black listed -- Magic Jack is your best bet).

Craigslist's forums (including their help desk) are pretty awful and should be avoided like the plague.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:29 PM

3 posts, read 11,871 times
I have a prepaid cell phone. My old phone was given to a aquaitence. They had used Bluetooth to transfer my contacts to new phone. I was never given opportunity to reset old phone to factory reset. I have had contacts that I do not know as well as s CL email account show up in my contacts list. How can i find out what information if any is being used of mine? If there is any illegal activity going on under my identity? How to find out if they access my phone, or do anything through my phone like place calls, online activity, get into my accounts, etc.

Last edited by brenbren.cc; 01-09-2015 at 12:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet