Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2014, 03:27 PM

207 posts, read 497,516 times

Advertisements

I have been trying to find a new Q&A site that I can ask multiple questions on that allows me to add a description/details of the question like Yahoo Answers does and has the same amount and variety of categories as well.

I would also like to know if there are any Q&A sites that are like Yahoo Answers in the sense that they have a Travel category or an International category in which I can ask a question and get answers from Germans, Poles or even Russians. For example: Yahoo Answers has this category: Travel-Europe - Continental - Russia. I am wondering if there are any Q&A sites like Yahoo Answers that have categories similar to that one.

Reason why I am asking this is because I have gotten tired of Yahoo Answers and for several reasons.

1. My questions have been reported and deleted a lot lately even though I usually put "I DO NOT MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE WHEN ASKING THIS QUESTION!" at the top of the details of my question.

2. Because of what I stated in #1, any respect that I had for Yahoo Answers in the past is gone now. People are way too sensitive on that website. I asked a question about people and Neanderthal DNA and it got reported and deleted for crying out loud. I mean c'mon!?

3. I would like to explore other Q&A websites in general.

With that being said, can anyone tell me or list me off any Q&A sites that are like Yahoo Answers in the sense that I can ask multiple questions on that allows me to add a description/details of the question like Yahoo Answers does and has the same amount and variety of categories as well and in the sense that they have a Travel category or an International category in which I can ask a question and get answers from Germans, Poles or even Russians? Example being: Yahoo Answers has the category: Travel-Europe - Continental - Russia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 09:52 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,517,399 times
Ask.com - What's Your Question? at one time I believe it was called Jeeves the Butler

Old 05-16-2014, 04:43 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Most topics have forums that are dedicated to them, I'm not talking about CD which covers a wide range of topics but entire forums dedicated to much narrower topics e.g a specific model car. If you want a wide range of knowledgeable answers that is where to go.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:41 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
I really hate it when I google-search in the form of a question, and the only hit I get is a site where somebody asked the same question, and nobody answered it, and a menu link to "See what questions your friends are asking today." (Why isn't there a Vomit Emoticon?) Or all the answers are wrong, because they are from misinformed know-it-alls who are studying that in junor high. I wish there was some way I could pre-set google to automatically filter all those bozo sites. Wiki.answers is probably the absolute worst of the lot. You have to click the big gaudy screeen display to see the answer, and keep clicking through ten pages, if it's a complicated 20-word answer, two words per page., supplemented with a Windows-8-style display of smiling photos of all the fun people who have contributed similar ex-culo factoids/guessoids/duhoids/hemorrhoids.

Last edited by jtur88; 05-16-2014 at 10:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet