Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2014, 05:26 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,217,008 times

Advertisements

I tried the Wordpress forums, but no one replied so I thought I might have better luck here. My question is I'd like to use a spoiler tag on a free Wordpress you know just like the ones we can use on this very forum like: . However, every where I go says I need a plugin and there is no plugin section for the dashboard of a free wordpress site or that lest one I know of.

So is there anyway to do this. If not then what is the cheapest option possible to get that spoiler tag function?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 10:26 AM

1,009 posts, read 1,869,161 times
From their forums:
Quote:
Please read > WordPress.com and WordPress.org — Support — WordPress.com

WordPress.COM and WordPress.ORG are completely separate and have different logins, features, run different versions of some themes with the same names, and have separate support forums.

There is no FTP access to WordPress.COM blogs and we bloggers cannot install any plugins or third party themes.
FTP Access — Support — WordPress.com
Plugins — Support — WordPress.com
Uploading Custom Themes — Support — WordPress.com

There is no upgrade you can purchase that changes that.

WordPress.ORG offers free software that you can install on a web server. You can create themes, upload and install themes and plugins, run ads, and edit the database, etc. If you want FTP access and to install plugins or third party themes into a site then you will have to hire a web host http://wordpress.org/hosting/ and set up your own WordPress.ORG install.
so if you want plugin support you'll need to host a wordpress.org installation. Bluehost has it for about 6 bucks a month, includes a domain name and unlimited hosting. I use bluehost for another site and haven't ever been displeased by them.

Exclusive Offer for WordPress Users - Bluehost

Old 11-23-2014, 02:29 PM

997 posts, read 1,060,655 times
I can also highly recommend Bluehost. I've been with them for the better part of this decade where I have multiple sites, a couple of them use wordpress. The install is simple. Good luck.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:57 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,139,402 times
Another way to add spoilers...
if you have a page with a white background: [ change the color of text to white ].

Old 11-25-2014, 11:44 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Assuming Wordpress.com lets you insert your own HTML/JS, you could just do it yourself:

How to create a spoiler or show-hide effect
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet