Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2008, 09:02 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times

Advertisements

Anyones Aol home page look goofy?

Mine was diferent looking when I pulled it up a few minutes ago.

They switch it up every once in a while, but never has it looked like this....

hmm... crazy butts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 01:23 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Sorry, don't use AOL but....man, does anyone even still use AOL? I had hoped they died a deserving and painful corporate death at the end of the last century.

Well, at least I bumped up your post.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:34 PM

139 posts, read 1,024,993 times
I have aol,and have not had any problems other than the normal you already mentioned. might be the version is corrupt or damaged some how.a reinstall might help if the problem continues. good luck.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:39 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
The older versions of AOL were not so bad and it is a decent service for people that want one stop ISP, or wish to have child settings, or the whole enchilada in one icon.

Downside, in recent years AOL has become one of the largest resource pigs not to mention quite intrusive in monitoring surfing habits. I would not use AOL if someone paid me 15 bucks a month.

btw... Not sure if it is still available but AOL used to allow members to take up to 4 AOL polls a month and would credit your account like 2 bucks for each poll, so if you used AOL through your local ISP, you could get AOL down to like 7.95 a month.

Old 01-13-2008, 04:25 PM

311 posts, read 1,058,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Sorry, don't use AOL but....man, does anyone even still use AOL? I had hoped they died a deserving and painful corporate death at the end of the last century.

Well, at least I bumped up your post.
I have to second that.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:59 AM

Location: Lived Large in Parsippany NJ - Lived Larger in Livingston, NJ -- Now Living Huge in Bethlehem PA
466 posts, read 2,200,158 times
Default Hmmmmm

Are you talking about the AOL (Always Off Line) we all know about?

LOL

===========

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
Anyones Aol home page look goofy?

Mine was diferent looking when I pulled it up a few minutes ago.

They switch it up every once in a while, but never has it looked like this....

hmm... crazy butts!

Old 01-29-2008, 09:11 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,756,657 times
AOHell, you mean? I didn't know anyone still used that piece of sh...er...uh. Anyway.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:45 PM

1,368 posts, read 6,504,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
AOHell, you mean? I didn't know anyone still used that piece of sh...er...uh. Anyway.
I know people who still do.

Because they want to keep their e-mail address.

*bangs head against walls*

They're the same people who ask me for advice, and then argue with me about whether *I'm* downloading a virus to their machine.

I usually just inform them that I can't do anything worse to the comp than what they did to it with aohell.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:00 PM

38,892 posts, read 22,875,846 times
Thumbs down So Easy to Use, No Wonder It's #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
One of my sisters uses AOHell . When I asked her why, she said that the software was already installed on the computer and felt the logical thing to do was use it to create accounts for herself and her husband. Not to mention her business e-mail uses her AOL address, and she doesn't want to go through the hassle of changing it and notifying all her customers.

Speaking for myself, I've NEVER had AOL as an ISP, though I've used the AOL Instant Messenger on occasion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet