Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 08:49 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times

Advertisements

Follow-up...

Went here, filled in the info boxes got sent an email from Google with the login name and license number plugged them in.

Up and running on Pro...

Google Earth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 04:57 AM

43,280 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Took me about 4 tries, but I got Pro.

Old 02-02-2015, 05:42 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,853,608 times
I used to be able to do trip suggestions with multiple waypoints, but for some reason Google Earth (not the PRO version) today does only A to B.
I *updated* to the Free Pro version and still only A to B.

Above somebody mentioned there is a *+* sign somewhere
(I remember that being there a long time ago ...)
but do not see one now, in my old free version or the new free Pro version !

I wonder now what I did have a long time ago where I could do multiple waypoints.

Edited after some lurking around ...
Apparently you can get directions via multiple waypoints but you need a few more steps.
1 - From File (top left) click on *View in Google Maps*
2 - In Google Maps click on *Get Directions*
3 - You now have *A* to *B*, but also below you have *Add Destination*.
4 - After you click on that then the input window looks just like it was before.

OK, I am happy again ...
TheCoalman mentioned the word *Maps* or something which made me look that way ...
Attached Thumbnails
Google Earth Pro drops 9 subscription, now available for free-googleearthtrip001.jpg   Google Earth Pro drops 9 subscription, now available for free-googleearthtrip002.jpg  

Last edited by irman; 02-02-2015 at 06:06 PM..

Old 02-04-2015, 12:18 PM

36 posts, read 72,322 times
Default Re: Google Earth

Somewhat related and sorry to break what may be some bad news...

Maybe someone can dig deeper into this, these websites state the Google Earth API (applications programming interface) will be discontinued and thus it will be a product based on Android. Programs like Windows executables use the API to access the Google Earth functions and images, if you stop creating the API (or if Google Servers stop responding to API calls from your Desktop version of Google Earth), so goes your desktop program.

iOS or Android News: Google announced the discontinuation of the service Google Earth API

Google Earth API Will Be Retired On December 12, 2015 - Slashdot

I imagine Google Chrome will have an Android emulation layer (if it doesn't already) so it can be run on a desktop, hopefully not too much gets lost in translation. A review of Google Earth Android:

Review of Google Earth for Android Version 8 - Google Earth Blog

These links don't state anything specific about Google Earth Pro or its future, maybe enjoy it while you still can.

Unrelated, but perhaps a sign of the times, Microsoft similarly has discontinued MapPoint, offering their users, instead, to use Bing maps.

Microsoft MapPoint - Home

Old 02-08-2015, 08:43 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
I think this page tells why they did this

www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2473630,00.asp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet