Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2015, 10:22 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,275,326 times

Advertisements

A couple days ago I went to log into Yahoo Messenger, which has my password saved, and it told me I'd entered "incorrect credentials" It's still telling me that after I've logged into my Yahoo webmail, verified both my phone number with them and my email addresses. I'm using the same password on Messenger and Yahoo webmail, but it says it's wrong on Messenger, which makes no sense. So I tried logging into Messenger with my Android tablet, and it said my account was temporarily locked.

When I try to think of why they would do that what comes to mind is all those add requests from people I don't know that I rejected. I have to wonder if someone didn't try to hack into my account, and after too many wrong passwords they locked it. Or, maybe someone is unhappy that I didn't let them add me and is keeping my account locked by trying to log into it with wrong passwords 3 times a day. I've seen that kind of spiteful behavior a lot on Yahoo.

Seems to me though that if I can log into my Yahoo account and email, I should be able to log into Messenger too, and I don't understand why I cannot.

later on....

Apparently this is happening to a LOT of people now. I've been scouring the web for answers, and no one seems to have one that will work. I've gotten three emails from Yahoo on my Gmail account to verify that address to them in the last 20 minutes, and I've verified it for them 3 times now. Something odd is going on with Yahoo....

Last edited by amylewis; 05-21-2015 at 10:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet