Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 07:29 PM

15,913 posts, read 20,128,578 times

Advertisements

Hmmm, what goes around comes around...

The scum of the Earth (copyright trolls) are now going after the Big Boys.

I guess with the defeats these trolls have been handed lately they are getting desperate...

Quote:
CNN and Canada's CBC are being sued after the pair allegedly ripped a 31 second video from YouTube and used it in their broadcasts without a license. In addition to claims of copyright infringement, the media giants face allegations that they breached the anti-circumvention measures of the DMCA
https://torrentfreak.com/cnn-cbc-sue...-video-150813/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 08:41 PM

6,308 posts, read 6,953,486 times
IF you have photos on the internet.....Get Chrome.

Go to your photo and right click on the photo.

In the menu, chose "search google for this image".

I have had a law firm, public agencies, etc. steal my photos. The good news is they pay really quick when you send them an invoice.

Old 08-15-2015, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post

I have had a law firm, public agencies, etc. steal my photos. The good news is they pay really quick when you send them an invoice.
Ahhh, so that was you I saw driving that Ferrari LaFerrari huh?

Old 08-15-2015, 11:09 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,522,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post

Firefox does the same thing.

Old 08-17-2015, 02:52 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,008,220 times
It looks like the "scum" here are the media giants who used copyrighted content without permission. This is comparable to the scum who pirate movies, TV shows, and other copyrighted content. I would hardly call someone who makes original content and uploads it to youtube a copyright troll.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:19 PM

^^^ Figures, defend the copyright trolls....

Old 08-18-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
^^^ Figures, defend the copyright trolls....
Your reading comprehension is failing you. I suggested that they aren't trolls; thus I am not defending trolls. Let's be honest here. We're talking about original content and art that is protected by authority of the Constitution. We're not talking about a necessity. There's no way to justify pirating this content.

I know your anti-Constitutional views are prevalent among pirates and you don't believe that people should be able to prosper from their work but that doesn't make protecting your work trolling.

We're talking about a piece of entertainment created by an individual here. Not the concept of drinking water. It's impossible to reasonably justify pirating this. It's interesting to watch "scum" try, however.

Old 08-18-2015, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Your reading comprehension is failing you. I suggested that they aren't trolls; thus I am not defending trolls. Let's be honest here. We're talking about original content and art that is protected by authority of the Constitution. We're not talking about a necessity. There's no way to justify pirating this content.

I know your anti-Constitutional views are prevalent among pirates and you don't believe that people should be able to prosper from their work but that doesn't make protecting your work trolling.

We're talking about a piece of entertainment created by an individual here. Not the concept of drinking water. It's impossible to reasonably justify pirating this. It's interesting to watch "scum" try, however.
Could you point out to me where in the Constitution it says that musical works, written works et al are copyrighted in perpetuity?

You are completely satisfied/happy that works like the Birthday Song are copyrighted, right?

Quote:
you don't believe that people should be able to prosper from their work

You are completely fogged by the smoke and mirrors the riaa and mpaa regurgitates on a regular basis...

Oh and not for nothing Mr High and Mighty, if I find something I'll use on a regular basis I purchase it...

Last edited by plwhit; 08-18-2015 at 11:35 PM..

Old 08-19-2015, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Could you point out to me where in the Constitution it says that musical works, written works et al are copyrighted in perpetuity?
The video is from November, 2014. How do you equate less than a year old to perpetuity? Perhaps you should look up the word perpetuity right after reading the Constitution.
Quote:

You are completely fogged by the smoke and mirrors the riaa and mpaa regurgitates on a regular basis...
Not sure how this applies. Artists sign contracts for distribution and recording. Artists don't go around saying "steal my music"... if that's the justification you're looking for.
Quote:

Oh and not for nothing Mr High and Mighty, if I find something I'll use on a regular basis I purchase it...
This is not a personal attack on those who abide by copyright laws and purchase the rights to use copyrighted work. There are scum out there who will download a movie, TV show, or music even though it is copyrighted. It's one thing when you download the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" where the copyright has expired. It's another when you disregard the Constitution and download something that still has a valid copyright.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:02 AM

Bottom line is people who sue over copyright issues are scumbags and the same goes for the people who support these scumbags...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet