Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 07:00 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,007,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
You have the other person's name and address, it would be a simple courtesy to send them a note explaining that they might have entered an email address incorrectly, and then forget about it. Don't identify yourself when you do, in case it is a scam of some kind.

Or, just forget about it, and assume the article was shipped to the correct address and they have by now taken delivery.
I had considered that. Partial names are included in the e-mail addresses and a post mark from my smallish city was too much info to pass on to keep my anonymity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 07:20 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
then Gmail doesn't recognize the periods? This makes no sense to me at all. Apparently the gentlemen with my same name created his account and placed a period in between his first and last name, so Google accepted the new email creation. However, when emails are sent to him, Google apparently ignores the period and I get his emails.
Again there should be no reason Google should or would be allowing accounts to be created that are the same. I would suggest that the other user is actually mistyping something and you are misinterpreting it.

Have you tried sending yourself an email using both?

Old 12-03-2015, 01:45 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,007,532 times
This is a yahoo email account Im speaking about.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:23 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,469,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Again there should be no reason Google should or would be allowing accounts to be created that are the same. I would suggest that the other user is actually mistyping something and you are misinterpreting it.

Have you tried sending yourself an email using both?
Yes, I've sent an email to the firstname.lastname@gmail.com, and as soon as I hit send, I receive the email. As if I just sent it to myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet