Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 02:36 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,116,337 times

Advertisements

Pay attention to around 5:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWkNG0vfeYw

Yeah, I don't put my life on Facebook!

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ook+illuminati
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 03:16 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene
So Peregrine, are you fine with this Facebook move?
Some people dont care at all and its sad!!

Old 05-06-2017, 10:36 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,099,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Fitz View Post
I value my anonymity and privacy online pretty heavily ... I have a facebook account,
You may be confused. Have you ever read the Facebook TOS? Didn't Read Facebook's Fine Print? Here's Exactly What It Says | HuffPost

Quote:
So, like every other one of the world’s 1.28 billion monthly active Facebook users, you blindly agreed to Facebook’s Terms and Conditions without reading the fine print.

You entrusted your photo albums, private messages and relationships to a website without reading its policies. And you do the same with every other site ... sound about right?

In your defense, Carnegie Mellon researchers determined that it would take the average American 76 work days to read all the privacy policies they agreed to each year. So you’re not avoiding the reading out of laziness; it’s literally an act of job preservation.

Nothing you do on Facebook is private. Repeat: Nothing you do on Facebook is private.
When Facebook is installed, your browser history, your cell phone texts, your cell calls, your text messages are all reviewed by Facebook to provide YOU with an optimal experience (and Facebook with a ton of data to sell about you).

Using Facebook and valuing privacy are contradictions.

Old 05-06-2017, 11:08 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,664,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
You may be confused. Have you ever read the Facebook TOS? Didn't Read Facebook's Fine Print? Here's Exactly What It Says | HuffPost

When Facebook is installed, your browser history, your cell phone texts, your cell calls, your text messages are all reviewed by Facebook to provide YOU with an optimal experience (and Facebook with a ton of data to sell about you).

Using Facebook and valuing privacy are contradictions.
Um, no .... In Android, the Facebook app doesn't have access to your browser history, call history, or text messages. The only permissions it has are Camera, Contacts, Location, Microphone, and Storage (you can actually check the permissions on every app you install).

If you use it in a browser, it has none of that information.

The Messenger App from Facebook does request quite a bit more, as it wants to be your SMS / Messaging app, but you have control over which features / permissions you allow on that, so you can restrict it all down, and it still doesn't have access to your browser history.

Old 05-06-2017, 05:11 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,116,337 times
Yeah, Facebook IS DANGEROUS... I was watching a Youtube video on news, and when German Locals were complaining about refuges on their Facebook, they got RAIDED BY THEIR GOVERNMENT.

THAT'S WHY I DON'T TOUCH MY FACEBOOK.

EDIT: Ok, it was interesting seeing the Facebook of my cousins and some people I know. Maybe HARMLESS INTERESTING STUFF SHOULD BE OK ON TRACEBOOK, BUT BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU PUT ON THERE!

Last edited by JTE1969; 05-06-2017 at 05:27 PM..

Old 05-06-2017, 07:05 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,099,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Workz View Post
Um, no .... In Android, the Facebook app doesn't have access to your browser history, call history, or text messages. The only permissions it has are Camera, Contacts, Location, Microphone, and Storage (you can actually check the permissions on every app you install).

If you use it in a browser, it has none of that information.

The Messenger App from Facebook does request quite a bit more, as it wants to be your SMS / Messaging app, but you have control over which features / permissions you allow on that, so you can restrict it all down, and it still doesn't have access to your browser history.
Sorry, nope. Facebook spies on all. See the term Facebook urchin for more information.

Old 05-07-2017, 09:41 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
So Peregrine, are you fine with this Facebook move?
Facebook able to target emotionally vulnerable teens for ads | Network World
Update, 5/1 12:12 p.m.: Facebook has issued a statement disputing The Australian's report. "The premise of the article is misleading," the company wrote in its authorless statement. "Facebook does not offer tools to target people based on their emotional state. The analysis done by an Australian researcher was intended to help marketers understand how people express themselves on Facebook. It was never used to target ads and was based on data that was anonymous and aggregated."

Someone somewhere eff'ed up. OK with it? No. Angry and more paranoid? No.
As I've said repeatedly, I don't share anything on Facebook that I wouldn't share with someone sitting in a crowded restaurant.

Old 05-07-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
Sorry, nope. Facebook spies on all. See the term Facebook urchin for more information.
You're going to have to be more specific. "Facebook Urchin" turns up 1,000's of pages about sear urchins or users named Urchin on Facebook. lol

Old 05-07-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTE1969 View Post
Pay attention to around 5:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWkNG0vfeYw
OMG JET... Are you serious? Zuckerberg... is a CIA agent? That might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen on the internet. Just because someone says it on the internet....doesn't make it true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet