Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 09:17 AM

14,461 posts, read 20,640,988 times

Advertisements

We have our FB settings such that when someone sends us a message we get an e-mail notification. Nice.
But when we click on a link in that e-mail, we are taken to FB and we are logged in. When the last time we were there we logged out.

We have not found a solution to this. We do not want to be logged in with the click of a link in an e-mail.

We have gone to password settings in Chrome and there is a list of sites where we have given Chrome permission to save. That list at the moment is empty. Then the list of all the sites we have said "no never keep password for these sites." FB is listed as a site we told to never keep password.

Any others have this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 09:20 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,685,380 times
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?hl=en

Old 12-22-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Good if it works.

We can clear our cache and cookies 2pm today. Then 7pm here comes a FB message via the e-mail account. We click the link, and hopefully are not logged in due to the action taken as 2pm. So we log in to read the message and then log out. Then at 11pm here comes a FB e-mail and the same problem occurs?
We have to clear cache and cookies manually every day are after every use of FB.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:10 AM

4,187 posts, read 11,927,113 times
If you are using Chrome, look for an auto logout extension for Chrome. Just do a google search.

If you actually click the Log out button in FB, you should be prompted to log in next time. A lot of folks don't do that and simply close their browser thinking that you will be log out. That is not the case.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:25 AM

715 posts, read 1,149,273 times
I set my browser to default to private browsing or incognito. It seems to take care of deleting all cookies, passwords, etc ... everytime I close the browser.
How to Enable Private Browsing on Any Web Browser

Old 12-23-2016, 06:31 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,750,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
We have our FB settings such that when someone sends us a message we get an e-mail notification. Nice.
But when we click on a link in that e-mail, we are taken to FB and we are logged in. When the last time we were there we logged out.

We have not found a solution to this. We do not want to be logged in with the click of a link in an e-mail.

We have gone to password settings in Chrome and there is a list of sites where we have given Chrome permission to save. That list at the moment is empty. Then the list of all the sites we have said "no never keep password for these sites." FB is listed as a site we told to never keep password.

Any others have this?
Open another tab to facebook without clicking on the link and log in.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:35 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,035,628 times
Assuming you are properly logging out the one thing I can think of is the email client is storing a cookie separately. What are you using to read your email Howard?

Old 12-23-2016, 08:57 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,832,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555
Make sure your cookies are deleted!!!

This happend to me 2 times on an IPB site I am on..... I KNOW I LOGGED OUT!!!!!!! -- Later I went back to the site and I WAS LOGGED IN!! (2 times it happend)

Very strange.........

Old 12-23-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Open another tab to facebook without clicking on the link and log in.
Good possible solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastninja500 View Post
I set my browser to default to private browsing or incognito. It seems to take care of deleting all cookies, passwords, etc ... everytime I close the browser.
How to Enable Private Browsing on Any Web Browser
We'll look into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj08054 View Post
If you are using Chrome, look for an auto logout extension for Chrome. Just do a google search.
We can try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Assuming you are properly logging out the one thing I can think of is the email client is storing a cookie separately. What are you using to read your email Howard?
The FB notifications come to our yahoo e-mail address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Make sure your cookies are deleted!!!
This happend to me 2 times on an IPB site I am on..... I KNOW I LOGGED OUT!!!!!!! -- Later I went back to the site and I WAS LOGGED IN!! (2 times it happend)
Is there a setting that lets cookies be deleted upon logout of FB or shutdown?

As an example we might get 5 Facebook notifications a day. Since the e-mail does not show the content of the FB mesage we have to click a link or go there and then see that we are already logged in.
Being logged in auto and logging out 5 times and deleting cookies 5 times a day =

Old 12-23-2016, 09:39 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,686,482 times
Chrome?

Settings
Advanced Settings
Clear Browsing Data
Obliterate the following items: From the beginning of time
Check the boxes for
Passwords, Autofill form data, and Hosted app data

Content Settings
Cookies
Keep local data only until you quit your browser
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet