Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 09:12 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Is this baiting to try to funnel traffic to the links above? Kinkytoes is back, and not to click on links for external web pages. Isn't the most conservative home page the one with the least cr_p on it?
Pegrine already solved the problem for the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 07:24 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,672,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Is this baiting to try to funnel traffic to the links above?
If Kinkytoes hadn't left, she would know that I am pretty trusted around here.

Old 12-26-2018, 11:35 AM

118 posts, read 279,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauialoha View Post
Your post is the troll IMO. If you are interested in having only right wing (alternate fact) news. Why don't you ask about it on one of those right wing sites instead of here?

Or, you could simply ask "How can I personalize my home page?" See? Instead you choose to mention those extremist sites including the despicable Brightbart = troll
Way to answer his question, Comrade Troll. Stalin and Lenin would be so proud of you.......

Old 12-30-2018, 06:57 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,984,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandgold978 View Post
Way to answer his question, Comrade Troll. Stalin and Lenin would be so proud of you.......
It's been almost 2 years, let it go...

Old 12-30-2018, 08:16 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,746,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianosaur View Post
I had been using Yahoo as a browser home page for a long time. Got tired of their over the top left leaning bias, so I dropped them and had been using Google news page for a while. Granted you can personalize Google by increasing/decreasing news sources it still shows more liberal media then conservative ones. Also Google news isn't as lively as Yahoo was.

I don't want a hard core news only site as a home page. I can click on a Fox, Breitbart, Drudge or Town Hall bookmark if I want to. I was hoping for a varied start page. I did like how Yahoo would display sports, entertainment, tech, ect.

Any home pages out there one would recommend?

BTW - I do NOT want to engage in a political exchange here ...so NO TROLLS please.
What do you mean by home page, the page that opens when you click on a new tab?

I just use Google search, it has not news to upset you, just the google search bar and a few of the most common pages you use as links.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:17 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post

I just use Google search, it has not news to upset you, just the google search bar and a few of the most common pages you use as links.
This is a very old thread. That aside, there are a couple of search engines that unlike Google and others, don't track you. Also, these search engines are sort of neutral or more in the middle regarding the your search question. "Duckduckgo" is one example. It is possible that with Peregrine help above the OP already solved the problem, so this thread not longer serves a purpose.

Old 12-31-2018, 04:33 PM

8,924 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandgold978 View Post
I concur, of course.
The OP was looking for something that doesn't lean left,
and the troll leans left. Not what the OP needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post

Google tracks you, and feeds you adds based on that,
and algorithms based on their Leftist agenda.
I use Startpage, which strips out the tracking, but still feeds me answer based
on an algorithm based on a leftist agenda.
I have gotten in the habit of hitting pagedown as the results of my
search come up, simply because I know the first 3 to 5 answers
will be ads and leftist tripe.

Sometimes I use duckduckgo, which is basically Yahoo,
with the tracking stripped out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
This is a very old thread. That aside, there are a couple of search engines that unlike Google and others, don't track you. Also, these search engines are sort of neutral or more in the middle regarding the your search question. "Duckduckgo" is one example. It is possible that with Peregrine help above the OP already solved the problem, so this thread not longer serves a purpose.
The thread still serves the purpose of informing people who didn't see it a while back ...

Old 04-12-2019, 10:29 AM

118 posts, read 279,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
It's been almost 2 years, let it go...
And since when, pray tell, do I need your permission to reply?

Old 01-31-2022, 09:43 AM

1 posts, read 572 times
I want a home page that doesn't have a constant Liberal slant of every day news. I want a home page that is not constantly denigrating all conservative opinions and views. I want a home page that does not have a vendetta against Donald J Trump and his whole family. I want a home page that is open to criticism of the handling of COVID and Anthony Fauci without becoming an Enemy of the State. I want a home page where I can ask for honest information regarding a group, like the Proud Boys, and not be denied. I want a home page where the unvaccinated are not Evil and Satanic. I want a home page where if I question the 2020 election, I'm not thrown in with the basket of deplorables spreading the "Big Lie". I'm beginning to doubt whether one exists.

Old 01-31-2022, 09:53 AM

3,886 posts, read 3,500,151 times
It's interesting to see how many folks who posted in this thread are no longer active, like the coalman and kinkytoes, but also several more. Wonder why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet