U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-16-2008, 07:54 PM
 
672 posts, read 5,614,108 times
Reputation: 713

Advertisements

I have a Facebook question. If you are not on someone's friend list, can they see that you've looked at their profile? Is there any way to see who has looked at your profile for those who are not on your friends list?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-16-2008, 10:16 PM
 
Location: South Central PA
1,562 posts, read 4,072,106 times
Reputation: 372
There is no way to actually know who looks at your profile, and vice versa
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2008, 04:46 PM
 
4,271 posts, read 14,554,807 times
Reputation: 3407
I agree but I could have sworn I saw an application that could keep track of visitors but people kep complaining that it didn't work.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2008, 11:09 AM
 
Location: Seattle, WA
1,368 posts, read 6,203,692 times
Reputation: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
I agree but I could have sworn I saw an application that could keep track of visitors but people kep complaining that it didn't work.
Of course it doesn't. There are ways of tracking # of hits, based off IP addresses. However, that won't tell you WHO came, just how many.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2008, 01:44 PM
 
4,271 posts, read 14,554,807 times
Reputation: 3407
That is a coding problem not that it can't be done. On Friendster, I can choose to 'be seen' by the people whose page I visit or they can see me if I visit their page. It's a matter of choosing the correct setting.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2008, 03:36 PM
 
Location: Seattle, WA
1,368 posts, read 6,203,692 times
Reputation: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
That is a coding problem not that it can't be done. On Friendster, I can choose to 'be seen' by the people whose page I visit or they can see me if I visit their page. It's a matter of choosing the correct setting.
Thats true, I was still thinking about facebook before they allowed all those 3rd party apps, it was locked down to where that couldn't be done. But an App could leave traces, maybe. Im not sure how facebook apps run.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2008, 10:53 PM
 
Location: Duluth, Minnesota, USA
7,652 posts, read 16,687,045 times
Reputation: 6829
Quote:
Originally Posted by doglover29 View Post
I have a Facebook question. If you are not on someone's friend list, can they see that you've looked at their profile? Is there any way to see who has looked at your profile for those who are not on your friends list?
No, thankfully!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2008, 03:22 PM
 
Location: San Francisco
357 posts, read 846,922 times
Reputation: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek View Post
Thats true, I was still thinking about facebook before they allowed all those 3rd party apps, it was locked down to where that couldn't be done. But an App could leave traces, maybe. Im not sure how facebook apps run.
Even with third party applications, Facebook does not allow members to track who has seen their profiles, and profiles can still only be viewed by those who are on your Friends list.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2008, 05:15 PM
 
Location: Seattle, WA
1,368 posts, read 6,203,692 times
Reputation: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiU08 View Post
Even with third party applications, Facebook does not allow members to track who has seen their profiles, and profiles can still only be viewed by those who are on your Friends list.
Thanks. Thats good news.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2008, 05:19 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
10,751 posts, read 33,507,806 times
Reputation: 6909
I have a tracking program that I use for myspace but it shows ip address and who they get their service through, not the actual myspace profile name.

I have my Facebook profile set to where only friends can look at it rather then the general public. I have my actual name and address and phone number on there so friends can contact me if they are in the area.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top