Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2018, 12:00 AM

454 posts, read 441,970 times

Advertisements

Hey all i have an issue with gmail and would like if anyone here have any advice on this. I recently flew from one country to another country just recently. Also i had cleared my chrome history as well before flying out on my laptop. When i tried to log into my main gmail account after i flew into the country, i typed in my password which is 100 percent correct... then it ask me to type in my recovery email address. It displayed the beginning of the email address that shows a gmail account. The thing is i have only 3 email accounts where it could possibly be the recovery email. I had tried 2 of them and they did not work which did not make sense because i thought it had to be 2 of them. I then entered those same ones over again as i figure it had to be those because it was gmail. I also have a yahoo email that could possibly be the recovery email but not sure 100 percent since google showed recovery email as gmail. Well i got message too many attempts to try again later.

I had no issues logging into my other gmail account and yahoo email account because whatever was the recovery email, i entered the correct one. Well i then tried to log into my primary gmail account again after waiting a while. When i typed in the password, it then ask me to confirm the recovery email and then showed the beginning of my recovery email. Well i then typed in those 2 gmail emails which i thought was it but it wasn't. I then tried my yahoo email as that one had to be it because there is no other email i would use as a recovery email. It was not correct. Its basically not possible. I recalled i had a similar issue a long time ago with this and i typed in one of those emails and it worked etc. This was similar due to traveling from one country to another. It has to be one of these 3 emails because these are the only ones i use and this one is the main one.

Is there a reason I have this issue? I seen other ppl post questions about getting locked out of their accounts but i do have the password for all my gmail accounts. Thus the password for this primary gmail account is correct. Is the reason why this happened because im logging in from a new ip address because i recently just flew to another country? The thing is where im located now, i have used this ip address before but it was a long time ago. Or is the reason im having this issue because i removed my chrome history and cookies prior to flying? Can someone here help me with this? Also when they show the recovery email address and then say show 8 dots after the first few letters or numbers of your recovery email, are they telling you there are 8 letters/numbers after it or something? Because that didn't make any sense but the fact that it showed ending with gmail, well it had to be only 1 of 2 gmail account that i put but it didn't work. The other thing is this. I use google hangouts on my iphone. I did not clear my history or anything on this. My google voice number that i have and use to call/text with google voice is my gmail account, the one that i cannot log into the computer. When i got that message that my primary gmail account is locked for too many attempts on the computer, i actually received a text message to my google voice number on my iphone that says google blocked someone with the password for your gmail address from signing in to the account. Learn more: google.com/signings So this text to my google voice number is obviously legit right? Does that mean i could log into my gmail account on my iphone then?

Also right before i received the text, i received a text of G-xxxxxxxx is your google verification code. I entered this when logging into one of my gmail accounts, which im sure was this one. But then it ask for my recovery email address. Im certain that this is not phishing attempt.

Has anyone here had that gmail account locked or something similar like this happened? The thing is i did not lose my password... i have it. Its correct. But the recovery email that i have to put in, is not correct. I do not know how this is even possible as i only use a few emails for this. And my other gmail and yahoo email account, each of these emails are the other one email recovery address. I would appreciate if someone can give me advice on this as that is my primary gmail account and basically my main email account.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2018, 12:07 AM

And does anyone know if google support or whatnot would reply back to me on this issue? I mean i could ask them with my other gmail account? I know they dont have phone support because that would basically be impossible. But what email could i contact google on this?

But if someone else has this issue, i would appreciate if you could tell me how you solved this because i have to access my email soon because i need to reply back to some emails. Again, there is no way that the recovery email that i entered is incorrect as theres only 3 different emails where they recovery email could be. My password is correct. There is also an option of answering your secret question but its a question where i did not enter correctly because this gmail account of mine was created a long time ago and i do not recall the answer of it.

I would really appreciate if someone could give me advice here. The thing is if someone did forget their recovery email address, surely there is another way to confirm to google that is your account? Something like what country did i log usually into the gmail account and when did i log in when i flew into a different country? Or give them examples of emails i wrote etc but i assume that won't work since they wouldn't be checking your email right? But if you say okay you can check that i have exchanged emails with so and so email? Because i can basically tell them what emails i contacted to etc.

Old 03-11-2018, 05:24 AM

23,154 posts, read 26,052,677 times
Not sure, but will this help?
https://www.techwalla.com/articles/h...-gmail-address

Old 03-11-2018, 04:29 PM

Hi there. but thats if i dont know what is my gmail username or password. I know what it is. Its just the recovery email they ask me to put down... that is not correct. I tried it again and had the same issues. I even typed in my current gmail address in case that was it but it wasn't.

Old 03-11-2018, 04:34 PM

127,835 posts, read 11,788,751 times
I once tried to log into my gmail from a public computer, even thought I used the correct password, I was refused access. Once I got home, I found an email from google, asking me to verify the attempt & change my pw. Can you call them, I think getting a text is also a recovery option.

Old 03-11-2018, 04:55 PM

Okay so now my account is locked again due to too many attempts at putting the recovery email address. I have tried 3 different recovery email addresses after already typing in my primary gmail account and entering the correct password.

So does that mean the only way this is possible is if my gmail account got hacked and the recovery email got changed? However if thats the case, why does the first 3 letters of the recovery email look exactly like one of the possible recovery emails? The 3 letters or numbers or combination of the first few characters should be what your recovery email is right? Also if it says @gmail.com, it has to be gmail.com or it could be yahoo.com? Again i entered the correct information so i have no idea how this is even possible.

The thing is could i just put down i dont remember my password or enter a wrong password intentionally to log into the account in the google account recovery page then? I only logged in my gmail account from 2 locations... one from my own IP in another country and one in the country im in now. I dont even log into email with public wifi or anything else etc.

Do they even have a phone number? I read the number you find out on the forums is a scam/fake.

I do not know what to do now as the moment, my account is locked again so i have to wait until i could log in it again.

Old 03-11-2018, 08:17 PM

I have another related question. If someone was to have access to my phone that has me logged into my google hangouts app to that primary email, could they check my email or view my files etc? Or could they not because they do not have access to my email etc? For example i could text/call from my google voice number to others but could i check my email?

For example on google hangouts, i could sign out of hangouts. But it doesn't seem like i could check my email as the password isn't saved. Does anyone know this?

Old 03-12-2018, 01:04 PM

Hey all. I notice that when i click hangouts and click on manage accounts on my iphone, im able to turn on my primary email address. I turned that one on and now i have access to my emails on the gmail mail app. So basically i can check my email now at the moment.

However, how would i be able to view my documents then on google drive? I need to access my google drive documents. The thing is those documents are with openoffice, microsoft word etc and i do not want to open those on my phone because its way too tiny. I want to open it on my laptop. So does anyone have tips on what i should do now? Obviously i will not log out of my gmail account on my iphone But what can i do to where i could log into my google/gmail account on my laptop then?

Could i change my recovery email address or could i check what it is and fix the security settings? Im not sure if i could do this on the gmail app on my iphone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet