Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 11:04 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,109,373 times

Advertisements

Haha, now we know why Tek_Freek has so much trouble when s/he deals with customer service representatives.

S/he just totally validated that her/his attitude is why s/he cannot get along with CSRs and has such bad experiences.

I bet s/he argues with Highway Patrol and always gets an add-on to his/her tickets.

I never heard of this member. I could care less if s/he reads my post. His/her loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2018, 04:01 PM

8,927 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
But absolutely not, Prime does not mean only sold to Prime. It means it's available in 2 days for Prime members. Others get free shipping over maybe $25 (? I forgot, I used to just save until I had enough for free) and otherwise you get about 1 week shipping unless you pay extra for expedited.

Primes also get advance deals in new products (particularly Alexa devices) and do receive other exclusive offers. However, I don't think non-Prime customers can see the exclusive offers. ...
So, where they failed was in their customer interface, where they didn't make it clear that non-prime customers could purchase those items. I skipped over several things I would have bought because they said "prime." I interpreted it to mean prime only, since there were several items a while back I could not get because they were "add ons" or some such nonsense.

Quote:
Why didn't you simply tape over and paste on your correct return address? My Amazon return address is always that associated with my account. The return address has nothing to do with the return and get credit process. You probably had erroneous information in your Amazon account.
It is also possible (I had that happen in several government databases) there was an underlying problem between the main Amazon database and the subroutine that generated the labels. Taping over the printed info might not work, as most of that stuff is read by bar code readers.

Quote:
How do you know how little I know? In any case its how much a person knows, not how little they know.

One must make assumptions when we need to move forward with incomplete knowledge. Just from your hostility in your post above you appear once again to be easily angered. It appears you select the low road vs. the high road.

Trust me, you get a lot further with customer service (any company) if you maintain a business demeanor.
Hate to remind you, but your post just proved my case. Being nice gets much more progress than being nasty.
You demonstrated how little you know, and your inability to learn (despite your "grammar police" gig) as well. He just told you he got no where for two weeks, and yet you say he will get "a lot further." How is nowhere "a lot further"? Or would it be more proper to say "Nowhere is a lot further than what?"

Quote:
Tell me what you do when pulled over by highway patrol or police. Get nasty with them and you get cuffed. Be nice to them and sometimes they just let you loose with a warning.
Then you are dealing with bad cops. Sometimes, even then, being a bit of an ass helps. You should have seen how fast a local cop moved out of my way, the day after the Sheriff told him that if he gave me any further trouble he would go to jail. But that is for a different thread.

Quote:
Haha, now we know why Tek_Freek has so much trouble when s/he deals with customer service representatives.
S/he just totally validated that her/his attitude is why s/he cannot get along with CSRs and has such bad experiences.
I bet s/he argues with Highway Patrol and always gets an add-on to his/her tickets.
I never heard of this member. I could care less if s/he reads my post. His/her loss.
Frankly, Tek_Freek is known and trusted in the Computer and Internet forums than you are.

And you just demonstrated that you will continue to assume wrongly, even when the correct information is presented, which demonstrated, again, why I said you seem to have an inability to learn.

(And BTW, unless you are in the wrong, sometimes video taping the cops and sending a copy to IA can do wonders. Of course I try to never give Highway Patrol a reason to ticket me.)

Old 10-13-2018, 05:19 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Once again we have need of this reminder. Another poster to place on the back burner, or better yet have them find another forum to haunt. Why do we seem to attract people like this?

This is paraphrased.

Winning an argument with a smart person is difficult
Winning an argument with a stupid person is extremely difficult
Winning an argument with a know-it-all is impossible

Always ignore them and move on. They will wither on the vine

Rochelle Safford
Secret of my Success

Old 10-13-2018, 05:26 PM

8,927 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
Why do we seem to attract people like this?
Because the forum's name is "Internet" and people think if they are on the Internet, it applies to them

Old 10-13-2018, 09:06 PM

993 posts, read 2,290,431 times
Enough of this bickering! I love Amazon! My husband and I are Prime members, and we really like it. Amazon is great for people like us, who live in the boonies, it saves us time and money. There isn't much we can't find on Amazon.

Old 10-13-2018, 10:47 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,109,373 times
I think they should start opening the brick and mortar stores.

How about if they start leasing the Sears anchor locations in malls?

Old 10-14-2018, 12:14 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindiana View Post
Enough of this bickering! I love Amazon! My husband and I are Prime members, and we really like it. Amazon is great for people like us, who live in the boonies, it saves us time and money. There isn't much we can't find on Amazon.
We also love amazon. We order from them constantly. Unfortunately I mentioned a problem we had recently (our first ever) and our new poster went ballistic.

I apologize for the side track. I have the poster on ignore so I will no longer be tempted to respond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet