Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2018, 10:16 AM

3,799 posts, read 4,652,512 times

Advertisements

I had my FB hacked last night/early morning.

I had what appeared to be 2 posts of videos & many people (friends) tagged.

I was notified by a friend this morning & I quickly deleted the video. Then I changed my password.

Then another friend sent me a screen shot of another video that did not show up on my actual page. What I mean by that is I went to my main page with just my information & I didn't see anything but what I posted. But when I went to "activity" page I saw it. I deleted it.

I then created another new password & that is where I currently stand.

What's weird is I actually created a new password last night before this all happened. I am guilty of not changing my password much as I've never had an issue like this happen. But as I mentioned changing it last night & then having this happened is just really weird/concerning.

Anybody dealt with this before & feel like you have the issue solved? Obviously I need to start changing my password regularly but now almost thinking of deleting my page all together because I don't need to start worrying about this. I also think FB has probably hit it's peak & only going to get worse.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2018, 11:26 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,858,077 times
Having strong individual passwords for each site is more important than changing them. Use a password manager like Keepass to generate and safely store your passwords.

https://keepass.info/

If you just changed your password before this occurred last night you are likely compromised somewhere else like the machine you are using.

For starters you can install Malwarebytes and see what it tells you.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/

Old 12-19-2018, 10:07 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,549,218 times
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:22 AM

295 posts, read 351,829 times
You didn't change it by following a link in an email did you?

Old 12-20-2018, 04:29 PM

3,799 posts, read 4,652,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtvaj125 View Post
You didn't change it by following a link in an email did you?

No. I know what you're getting at though. I think I was logged out & I couldn't remember the password again

So created a new one. I had the same password for awhile prior to that.

I did had a special character to it this time.

I'm also going to start monitoring the locations of me being logged in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet