Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2019, 11:18 AM

3,671 posts, read 3,557,269 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,
In gmail, when writing, there is a small notation in left hand corner (I am supposing, that is where it is showing up now)
I accidentally "clipped" an 80 page email, and now it is not showing up properly.
It says "
[Message clipped] View entire message"

I need it restored, but don't know how to. It is now all bungled up. A very important email, as it is a contract with a client! Thank you in advance.

PS: When I do click on "view message," it is sending the body of the letter all the way to the right, does not appear properly, and would be a nightmare to read. I really need to "unclip" the "clip"

Last edited by TerraDown; 04-09-2019 at 12:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 11:22 AM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Gmail clipping AKA three dots on the bottom of the email?
That's a Gmail feature. Gmail clips emails that have a message size larger than 102KB, and hides the full content behind a View entire message link. The email message is the underlying code that makes up the email.
I don't think you can turn it off.
That contract should be sent as an attachment.
Eighty pages email that's a very long email.

https://fulcrumtech.net/resources/pr...g-your-emails/

Old 04-11-2019, 11:49 AM

Hi Elnina. Much of the writing is communication with the client, deciding how big the work will be, the color, etc.
But within it, is also the price, time I have to do the work and then ship it.

Yes, I know about the 3 dots, and how gmail collapses it. That isn't what I accidentally clipped.
But, it turned out well anyway, the rug is now delivered to the owner, and I have been paid. Still,
I would love to know how to fix this, should it ever happen again. Thank you for taking the time to
share the link, I'll read it just for the knowledge, that never hurts.

Last edited by TerraDown; 04-11-2019 at 12:02 PM..

Old 04-11-2019, 11:51 AM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Open Any Gmail Message in Full Using the Print Command
When you receive a lengthy Gmail message, and you want to show the entire message in its entirety on screen:

Open the message.

Click the three vertical dots next to the Reply button near the top of the message.

Select Print

When the browser's print dialog comes up, click Cancel.

The entire email appears on the screen that opens. You can now scroll to view the entire message.

Or try this:
Open a Gmail Conversation in Full
If you enable Conversation View in Gmail, an alternate method to open a Gmail conversation in full is:

Open the conversation.

Click the In New Window icon that appears next to the Print icon at the top of the screen.

Scroll to view the contents of the conversation. Click the Print icon to display or print the entire conversation.

Report back and tell us if it helped.
Good luck with your contract!

Old 04-11-2019, 12:02 PM

OK, I just went and tried both methods. It is still doing that horrible thing.
Here is what it looks like. weird. But again, thanks.

It is pushing the body of the letter to the far right. Here is what originally caused my problem:

I must have clicked something that caused that "view message, message clipped," at bottom of above photo...

Last edited by TerraDown; 04-11-2019 at 12:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet