U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2020, 12:29 AM

29,012 posts, read 50,171,320 times

Advertisements

A woman must delete photographs of her grandchildren that she posted on Facebook and Pinterest without their parents' permission, a court in the Netherlands has ruled.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-52758787
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2020, 07:00 AM

3,582 posts, read 3,068,401 times
Mon asked for them to be deleted, granny should have deleted them. I usually don't like government intervention into family type disputes; however, the parent made a legitimate request and granny ignored it. However, I would love to hear the entire story about the conflict between mommy and granny. Could make for an interesting read.

However, I believe facebook to be a place inhabited by the weak minded.

Old 05-23-2020, 11:17 PM

4,499 posts, read 1,792,363 times
The cavalier way in which people upload pics of their kids or grand-kids in this case is disturbing. The child has no bearing on the fact that dozens of photos of him are circulating online before he even comes of age.

Old 05-26-2020, 02:19 PM

13,024 posts, read 15,129,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
However, I believe facebook to be a place inhabited by the weak minded.
Facebook is exactly like life: it is what you make it. If you are experiencing 'weak mindedness' on Facebook it's because of who you choose to follow. Of course, the truth of the matter is you aren't on FB and have no idea what you're even talking about.

Old 05-27-2020, 07:40 AM

3,582 posts, read 3,068,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Facebook is exactly like life: it is what you make it. If you are experiencing 'weak mindedness' on Facebook it's because of who you choose to follow. Of course, the truth of the matter is you aren't on FB and have no idea what you're even talking about.
Actually, THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS I know quite a bit about facebook but never had a personal account. I guess you need some education on the fact that there are thousands of people on facebook who are not there for personal reasons but to review posts that pop up under a computer generated search for keywords. Take that for what it is. How this happens, I won't say, but it is your taxpayer's money at work.

And after a few years of reviewing some of the results of these keyword searches a few times a month, it was easy to figure out the one thing they all had in common; 95 percent were posted by sad people without lives with very weak minds. Some were criminals, most were not. But the non-criminals usually dreamed of something that cause the keyword search to pop. And yes, it might be a lot like life cause as time progresses, this country (this world) is turning into sad people hiding in their houses and afraid to go out and face the world.

But that is the way society is going. Post on facebook all about your life or read posts and live you life via the acts of others and hide.

But back to the subject at hand.....and I need to finish getting my trailer ready to get out and travel.

Old 06-03-2020, 03:00 AM

5,469 posts, read 2,175,388 times
Its just the EU telling people how to live, nothing to concern Americans.
The EU is imploding anyway, as it should.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet