Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 02:18 PM

16,548 posts, read 19,694,332 times

Advertisements

I would love to know WHERE you are seeing this because Facebook absolutely does NOT require your drives license.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2021, 02:21 PM

16,548 posts, read 19,694,332 times
The only time they ask this is if there is something sketchy about your account information.
This is well documented.

https://kmph.com/news/local/facebook...ounts-are-real

Old 01-11-2021, 02:26 PM

2,136 posts, read 1,207,283 times
send them a photo of brad pitt.

Old 01-11-2021, 02:43 PM

43,284 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
The only time they ask this is if there is something sketchy about your account information.
This is well documented.

Jeeeeeeze.....

Who gets so fixated on FB or Twitter, that they would even consider giving up ID?

I have a like-dislike thingy with FB, but if they wanted photo ID shots, it would be easy to find another outlet.

Old 01-11-2021, 02:49 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,811,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
This is well documented.

This is not true. They wanted me to show an ID when they wanted to put the blue verification checkmark on my page. The verification badge is option, however.

Old 01-11-2021, 03:41 PM

5,867 posts, read 11,924,669 times
They started doing this to eliminate fake accounts. I had this idea that I was going to kind of start from scratch and create a new FB identify. I couldn’t get passed their facial recognition because it would have recognized me from my current profile. I uploaded a kind of vague photo and it was rejected and they said I could supply supporting documentation. It really wasn’t worth all that so I didn’t continue.

It’s annoying but how else are they going to keep people from creating fake accounts especially if they’re being used for the sole purpose of creating dissent and division.

Old 01-11-2021, 04:06 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Jeeeeeeze.....

Who gets so fixated on FB or Twitter, that they would even consider giving up ID?

It’s mostly for celebrities or ppl that get paid for posts & promoting products ...(AND businesses).. so that when other ppl try to copy or pretend to be them, it shows they are the real one.

BUT...ita if you are somebody that is on Facebook to keep in touch with your friends & family, why would you need to verify it. They know who you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
They wanted me to show an ID when they wanted to put the blue verification checkmark on my page.

You wanted the badge...they didn’t, ha.

Old 01-11-2021, 04:31 PM

6,456 posts, read 3,977,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
They started doing this to eliminate fake accounts. I had this idea that I was going to kind of start from scratch and create a new FB identify. I couldn’t get passed their facial recognition because it would have recognized me from my current profile. I uploaded a kind of vague photo and it was rejected and they said I could supply supporting documentation. It really wasn’t worth all that so I didn’t continue.

It’s annoying but how else are they going to keep people from creating fake accounts especially if they’re being used for the sole purpose of creating dissent and division.
Yeah, I tried making one for commenting on news stories-- because no way am I handing all of the personal info on Facebook to whatever nutter disagrees with what I write-- but it said I had to upload a picture of myself. I figured I could just pull a picture from the internet, but they probably run an algorithm against known photos so anything already on the internet probably wouldn't work.

Yet all over the place I still see tons of the scammer "work from home" etc. posts, so how the hell did their accounts go through??

Old 01-11-2021, 05:57 PM

8,666 posts, read 3,866,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
This is not true. They wanted me to show an ID when they wanted to put the blue verification checkmark on my page. The verification badge is option, however.
Why do you need a verified personal Facebook account i.e. your friends know it's really you - do they not? That said, if it's relative to small business (which I assume is a possibility given your screen name), a photo ID (per the thread) isn't necessary due to the publicly-verifiable phone number.

Old 01-11-2021, 06:14 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,811,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
You wanted the badge...they didn’t, ha.
I never went forward with it. I don't use Facebook for anything anymore. People contact me through other ways now. It was a good way to keep in touch with people in the industry a while back.

Also, you don't need to be a celebrity at all... where did you get that idea?

Last edited by TexasLawyer2000; 01-11-2021 at 06:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet