U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 01:00 PM

9,125 posts, read 5,178,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelling_at_Birds View Post
Without getting too specific, here are some interesting examples of video solutions which apply what I describe, to varying degrees:
Peertube
Odysee, and more broadly LBRY
Dtube, and more broadly IPFS
I'll have to check those out. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:41 PM

6,134 posts, read 1,695,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I rarely comment on other videos, and when I do, I do it respectfully. I don't get into online arguments or debates on You Tube and I don't do anything that could even remotely be construed as being harassing or predatory.

My objection is not that they are policing their platform; indeed, that's exactly what they should be doing. My objection is that they gave me no warning but just shut me down. They did not give any indication as to what they think I did wrong and thus gave me no opportunity to explain myself or fix the problem, or even to show them that they were mistaken.

In legal terms, they have denied me due process. Yes, I know, they're a private company and they don't have to give me "due process." But angering your customers and treating them with arbitrary disdain is not a way to maintain a dominant position in one's industry. This sort of thing just opens them up to be challenged by competitors, or regulated in some way by the government. And it would serve them right.

But it’s in their agreement & what can be banned without warnings tho...because you keep asking why you didn’t get a warning & I’m assuming you have just the standard license agreement if you only have 1 video.

My fiancé is a lawyer...but I’ve had a You Tube channel for almost 8 yrs with almost a million followers, and I’ve never had a problem except for 1 demonetized video out of hundreds. edit: So...I don’t have any complaints.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet