U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 08:03 AM

2,503 posts, read 5,068,105 times

Advertisements

Any Facebook gurus on here? Can someone explain a notice I received: "Jane Doe asked to tag my photo."

I participate in a closed-member photography forum that permits us to share photo among members, but the "share" option is disabled, in an effort to control photo distribution. Other than that, I'm a novice lost in the FB world. I received the above message asking to tag one of my photos. It's a wildlife shot, with no people included. From what I've read, this tag request seems to be a work-around to the inability to share outside the group. Does that sound right? What am I missing? Thanks for your help.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 03:21 PM

13,135 posts, read 15,236,736 times
When I post on my timeline and tag my wife, her FB friends will see it in her feed.
There's a security feature that blocks this and notifies the person tagged so they can approve or deny the tag.
In the context of a private FB group, the person that tagged you is probably doing it as a way of giving you credit OR that person wants to make sure you see it. Is it your photo?

Old Today, 06:15 PM

2,503 posts, read 5,068,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Is it your photo?
Thanks for the feedback. It's my photo which I posted to the group under my name, so the photo is already associated with me. FB asked me to approve or ignore; haven't done either yet. I think I understand tagging in relation to other people in a photo or at a location, but neither of those suit this situation. No big deal, I guess. If all else fails, I guess I can ask her why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet