U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 10:32 AM

179 posts, read 63,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
Google drive is free unless you upgrade for more space.

Gmail and photos also take up your space.

What are the totals for each?

Google Drive
0.1 GB
Gmail
4.77 GB
Google Photos
8.03 GB
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2021, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macroy View Post
If you're paying for Google Drive but only see 15GB of space, then something is not in alignment. The lowest paid tier is 100GB.

Do you have multiple accounts? Maybe you upgraded one account but are saving things to another account?

I don't have multiple accounts on Goggle. I have issues with my computer and phone. Someone suggested to pay for the one drive and transfer it all to that which freed up space on computer and phone.

Old 03-29-2021, 11:10 AM

3,714 posts, read 3,159,882 times
This listing makes no sense; at least to me. I have NO emails on Google (set up acct with Thunderbird as POP) and looking at my account online it shows no emails, no storage used basically, no photos are stored on google or information saved on Google.

Google Drive
1.05 GB

Gmail
1 GB

Google Photos
0 GB

Oh well....no biggie.

Old 03-29-2021, 12:35 PM

5,041 posts, read 3,525,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetiredone View Post
Google Drive
0.1 GB
Gmail
4.77 GB
Google Photos
8.03 GB
Pretty obvious that the biggest amount is Photos.

Emails generally do not take up that much space but attachments do.

Go to gmail on a web browser, sort by size, you should see the ones that take up the most space. Delete those and any others you don't want. The other obvious thing is go to photos and clean that up. There is also a way to empty the "recycle bin" once you delete any photos, that may help to clear up space right away.

Old 03-29-2021, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
Pretty obvious that the biggest amount is Photos.

Emails generally do not take up that much space but attachments do.

Go to gmail on a web browser, sort by size, you should see the ones that take up the most space. Delete those and any others you don't want. The other obvious thing is go to photos and clean that up. There is also a way to empty the "recycle bin" once you delete any photos, that may help to clear up space right away.
Ok. Now trying to test a move from a photo from my dropbox to my one drive and now it is showing up on my quick access. Why? And when I moved my photos from my dropbox to one drive it moved, but still shows the same amount of info on the Google. Why? And now dropbox is empty and in one drive folder. This does not make sense if I moved it and the info of my storage is still the same.

Old 03-30-2021, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Ok. Now trying to test a move from a photo from my dropbox to my one drive and now it is showing up on my quick access. Why? And when I moved my photos from my dropbox to one drive it moved, but still shows the same amount of info on the Google. Why? And now dropbox is empty and in one drive folder. This does not make sense if I moved it and the info of my storage is still the same.
As I mentioned in my previous post, you have to delete the original and then empty the trash. The freed up space may still take a while to show up.

On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
On the left, click Trash.
Make sure there are no files you want to keep.
At the top right, click Empty trash.

Old 03-30-2021, 12:19 PM

And I deleted some of my photos on my phone and it shows I deleted them on my computer. But it still says the same amount of info.

And I don't see a trash bin on my Google Drive.

I'm confused.

Last edited by thetiredone; 03-30-2021 at 12:21 PM.. Reason: Now I found the trash

Old 03-30-2021, 12:49 PM

Quote:
And I deleted some of my photos on my phone and it shows I deleted them on my computer. But it still says the same amount of info.

And I don't see a trash bin on my Google Drive.

I'm confused.
BOTH google drive and google photos have a "Trash". It's there.

If you are dealing with photos, go to photos, my mistake.

This is where you need to go. https://photos.google.com/

As you can see from the image, there is a "trash" link. Click there and then top right you sill see "Empty Trash".

Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM

Question Another question

How come I am deleting a lot of photos, but it is still at the same amount of gb on my storage?

Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM

4,190 posts, read 4,179,896 times
Quote:
How come I am deleting a lot of photos, but it is still at the same amount of gb on my storage?

Did you empty the trash after deleting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet