U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2021, 06:37 AM

17,791 posts, read 19,962,851 times

Advertisements

I just put this together and figured someone else may find it useful. If you don't know why this is here, don't worry about it. People who have a use for this info already know they do.

addtoany.com
akamaihd.net
appspot.com
cdninstagram.com
edgekey.net
edgesuite.net
energized.pro
facebook.com
facebook.de
facebook.fr
facebook.net
fb.com
fb.me
fbcdn.com
fbcdn.net
fbsbx.com
fburl.com
foursquare.com
freebasics.com
hootsuite.com
instagram.com
internet.org
m.me
messenger.com
online-metrix.net
tfbnw.net
thefacebook.com
wechat.com
whatsapp.com
whatsapp.net
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2021, 05:52 PM

190 posts, read 73,628 times
I may run a diff against the listing at https://github.com/jmdugan/blocklist...s/facebook/all in case yours has any which aren't already included. If so, please contribute.

Old 04-13-2021, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelling_at_Birds View Post
I may run a diff against the listing at https://github.com/jmdugan/blocklist...s/facebook/all in case yours has any which aren't already included. If so, please contribute.
That's the list I started with. I stripped the subdomains and resulting duplicates as I was looking to block all data destined for the company, not just ads/trackers.

Old 04-13-2021, 08:18 AM

6,248 posts, read 2,039,028 times
Not all of those are facebook domains. For example, akamaihd.net is not facebook, it's akamai.

Old 04-13-2021, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Not all of those are facebook domains. For example, akamaihd.net is not facebook, it's akamai.
Good catch. Edgesuite is Akamai also. Others should pay attention and do their due diligence if they're using this list. It was a q&d compilation created from a more specific list and I make no promises/guarantees.

Personally, I don't care. I didn't realize that was there, and having it blocked hasn't negatively impacted my internet experience at all, so I'll leave it unless/until it does. Same with edgesuite.

It's kind of a shame that the web developed in a way which made it acceptable for files to load from anywhere other than the site you're actually on. There are plenty of good reasons for it to work that way, but good reasons don't negate the negative effects.

Old Today, 08:51 AM

64 posts, read 21,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelling_at_Birds View Post
Thanks a lot for this information!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet