Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2021, 01:42 PM

422 posts, read 282,203 times

Advertisements

When I log on to my Microsoft 365 on my computer, I can pull up my word documents on my computer easily. But when I log on to my phone, it does not pull up my word documents at all. I have to install Microsoft Word thru Microsoft 365 that I just installed. Does anyone know why it is not connecting all my documents? I am now downloading Microsoft Word to my phone to see if it will pull up my past Word Documents but it is not. It only pulls up on my One Drive. Can anyone help me to understand this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2021, 06:00 AM

6,590 posts, read 11,286,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetiredone View Post
When I log on to my Microsoft 365 on my computer, I can pull up my word documents on my computer easily. But when I log on to my phone, it does not pull up my word documents at all. I have to install Microsoft Word thru Microsoft 365 that I just installed. Does anyone know why it is not connecting all my documents? I am now downloading Microsoft Word to my phone to see if it will pull up my past Word Documents but it is not. It only pulls up on my One Drive. Can anyone help me to understand this?
Those two bolded lines needs to be clarified.

Are all of the files you want to access in One Drive? Or are there files that actually reside on your computer? Your phone isn't going to be able to access files on your computer (outside of file sharing when both are on the same network).

Old 06-07-2021, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macroy View Post
Those two bolded lines needs to be clarified.

Are all of the files you want to access in One Drive? Or are there files that actually reside on your computer? Your phone isn't going to be able to access files on your computer (outside of file sharing when both are on the same network).

Yes, my files I'm trying to access are in my One Drive.

Old 06-07-2021, 03:17 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,570 posts, read 81,167,557 times
You need the apps that come with 365 on the computer, I have Word, Excel, Teams, Sharepoint and others on my phone. Still, you can only open files sent to you by email on the phone, you cannot access your files unless you install the One drive App on your phone, and then only the files save in One Drive (on the cloud) will be available. Files saved on your computer will not be available to the phone.

Old 06-09-2021, 10:23 PM

Thanks

Old 06-13-2021, 02:19 PM

Got another question. Can you load video that are short to One Drive? Why does it not load? Some do, only one so far. It just does not open to upload the file. I have like 30 secs to 2 minute videos and I have tried a bunch and it did not work and now doing it one at a time and it just won't upload. I have even restarted it numerous of times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet