Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2022, 05:42 AM

4,045 posts, read 4,429,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari Takanashi View Post
FB doesn't have a very user-friendly interface.
I find it to be the easiest.I still can't figure Twitter out,and Instagram is pretty much only limited to pictures...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2022, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrausz View Post
I originally joined Facebook to get information on the local windsurfing scene. But before you know it, you're accepting friend requests from people that you haven't heard from in 40 years.
Better than people you knew ignoring you,and/or getting nothing but requests from fake profiles...

Old 02-06-2022, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
I don't have any friends that are not in my life now. So no classmates, relatives, or former coworkers are my friends.
Sounds like a pretty lonely life;

Old 02-06-2022, 05:52 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,332,629 times
I don't have a Faceclub account and never will!

Old 02-06-2022, 06:31 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,126,163 times
I don't have one.. Never had one, don't plan on ever having one. It drives some of the fam nuts but I've seen and heard of too many fights over posts/politics among the family on there and it would be way too toxic for me there. I choose peace. And I don't want any piece of Zuckerberg in my life if I have a choice in it.

Old 02-06-2022, 09:29 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
Better than people you knew ignoring you,and/or getting nothing but requests from fake profiles...

You can control who sends you friend requests tho AND everything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
Sounds like a pretty lonely life;

Ita. It’s not like there is a requirement to spend x amount of time on Facebook…but it’s a super easy way to stay in touch with friends & family to see pictures of ppl that I don’t see or talk to a lot..(AND share mine), especially since the pandemic. A lot of my older family members are on Facebook who don’t follow me on other social media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
I don't have one.. Never had one, don't plan on ever having one. It drives some of the fam nuts but I've seen and heard of too many fights over posts/politics among the family on there and it would be way too toxic for me there. I choose peace.

Don’t prioritize them on your feed…or block them. I wouldn’t miss staying in touch with other ppl just because of a couple of angry ppl who want to fight with their friends or family on Facebook about politics. You aren’t going to change ppl’s opinions ofc but I wouldn’t let them control my social media or peace either.^^

If you have that bad of an experience with friends & family on Facebook tho, maybe it’s your friends & family…not Facebook’s fault.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 02-06-2022 at 09:46 AM..

Old 02-06-2022, 03:41 PM

3,881 posts, read 4,126,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
You can control who sends you friend requests tho AND everything else.

Ita. It’s not like there is a requirement to spend x amount of time on Facebook…but it’s a super easy way to stay in touch with friends & family to see pictures of ppl that I don’t see or talk to a lot..(AND share mine), especially since the pandemic. A lot of my older family members are on Facebook who don’t follow me on other social media.

Don’t prioritize them on your feed…or block them. I wouldn’t miss staying in touch with other ppl just because of a couple of angry ppl who want to fight with their friends or family on Facebook about politics. You aren’t going to change ppl’s opinions ofc but I wouldn’t let them control my social media or peace either.^^

If you have that bad of an experience with friends & family on Facebook tho, maybe it’s your friends & family…not Facebook’s fault.

I choose not to have facebook. Is this a problem for you? I stay in touch. I've been staying in touch for 65 yrs, way before there was a facebook...or internet for that matter... and do not pretend to even know my family Tasha. I shortened my answer without going into details for expediency. I don't feel I owe you or anyone else on here any explanation on how my family/friends/strangers interact on social media. You choose it for you..... That is your prerogative but do not even pretend to try to insinuate anything about me/family/friends that you no NOTHING about because I choose not to be on there. I didn't down you for being on it. I didn't say a word to you at all.

Old 02-06-2022, 04:45 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
I choose not to have facebook. Is this a problem for you? I stay in touch. I've been staying in touch for 65 yrs, way before there was a facebook...or internet for that matter... and do not pretend to even know my family Tasha. I shortened my answer without going into details for expediency. I don't feel I owe you or anyone else on here any explanation on how my family/friends/strangers interact on social media. You choose it for you..... That is your prerogative but do not even pretend to try to insinuate anything about me/family/friends that you no NOTHING about because I choose not to be on there. I didn't down you for being on it. I didn't say a word to you at all.

Ofc you don’t owe me an explanation & I didn’t “down you” for anything.^^ I just posted an answer to what you shared in this thread so it’s not a problem for me if you aren’t on Facebook. I was only saying that I wouldn’t let a few angry or fake ppl spoil MY social media. I would just ignore or block them, report them, or unfriend…all depending on what it was. There are a lot of angry or unstable ppl ready to fight about silly stuff IMO…but it doesn’t make social media or Facebook^^ a bad thing. There’s a good side to it & it all depends on how you use it. JMO. I’m sorry you took offense tho.

edit: I’m more than half less your age & I’m sure that has something to do with our super different opinions on Facebook & social media. I have had the same Facebook account since early high school. Even tho I don’t go on it as much as I used to, leaving it would kind of be like losing my leg. It’s a part of me.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 02-06-2022 at 05:45 PM..

Old 02-06-2022, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I’m more than half less your age & I’m sure that has something to do with our super different opinions on Facebook & social media. I have had the same Facebook account since early high school. Even tho I don’t go on it as much as I used to, leaving it would kind of be like losing my leg. It’s a part of me.
I'm in between your ages and I've had my account for over 10 years,there's alot tied up in it also so because I'm on their target list of constant suspensions is annoying.

Old 02-26-2022, 03:49 PM

290 posts, read 151,710 times
Never had an account and never will. I refuse to have anything to do with the thoroughly corrupt organization that it is. I know that occasionally people have family members encouraging its use: "But it's just the easiest way I can keep in touch because I'm on there all the time" etc. Sorry, but I have a telephone number you can call if you want to talk to me, and an e-mail address you can use if you want to write me or send a picture. If that's not enough, then you can't want to communicate with me that badly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet