Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2023, 11:28 AM

50,882 posts, read 24,384,032 times

Advertisements

There's a site I use for medical purposes...collects health data. Recommended by my cadiologist for $$$. RevUp is the name of the site.

All has been well, at least technically speaking, until last week. Now, every time I try to load it to record daily data, it starts to load and then the screen goes white.

Every other site I try to open -- no problem whatsoever. And it doesn't matter which web browser I use.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2023, 02:33 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,485,219 times
If it's a browser, clear your cache. Reset the browser, worst case scenario, reinstall the browser.

Clearing the cache should do it.

What device and what browser?

Old 06-12-2023, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
If it's a browser, clear your cache. Reset the browser, worst case scenario, reinstall the browser.

Clearing the cache should do it.

What device and what browser?
That's the odd thing -- I can't get it to fully load using Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Google Chrome. And for one of those I did clear the cache, etc.

But thanks for trying!

Old 06-13-2023, 07:18 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,492,692 times
have you tried it using incognito or private mode? right click on chrome and choose new incognito window. or in Edge, right click and chose new InPrivate window.

Also, if you have antivirus running, are you able to temporarily disable it while you try to open site? It may be detecting a false positive and interfering with site load.

Last edited by flamadiddle; 06-13-2023 at 07:29 AM..

Old 06-13-2023, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
have you tried it using incognito or private mode? right click on chrome and choose new incognito window. or in Edge, right click and chose new InPrivate window.

Also, if you have antivirus running, are you able to temporarily disable it while you try to open site? It may be detecting a false positive and interfering with site load.
It fully loaded ONCE today so I could enter my data. First time in 6 days. But then I tried reloading it 5 minutes, and again it wouldn't. But I will look into your suggestions. Thank you!

Old 06-20-2023, 11:35 AM

7,004 posts, read 2,717,328 times
Make sure you are not using a pop up blocker that might we hidden that is waiting for a response. A modal window will prevent your parent window from continuing.

Old 06-21-2023, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Make sure you are not using a pop up blocker that might we hidden that is waiting for a response. A modal window will prevent your parent window from continuing.
I will check that, thank you. The site has started working on my computer again after a down time of almost 2 weeks. We'll see what the future holds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet