Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 01:08 AM

35 posts, read 165,367 times

Advertisements

Ok, Im trying to access my favorite website, which I could access 2 days ago. My friends can still access with no issues, so Im at a loss. I get this message on Firefox :

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

Which I downloaded just to see if I could get on.

This is what I get on Internet explorer

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:
  • <LI id=errorExpl2>Internet connectivity has been lost. <LI id=errorExpl3>The website is temporarily unavailable. <LI id=errorExpl4>The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable. <LI id=errorExpl5>The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain. <LI id=errorExpl7>There might be a typing error in the address.
  • If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.
Ive tried to clean the caches, deleted files and cookies, even went into tools and added the site to "trusted Sites". Nothing is working!!!!

The website is www.fantasyfanbase.com

Im not trying to recruit anyone or anything, I just need some help. Thanks. This is happening on both my laptop and my desktop, and its only this site???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 01:18 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,032,070 times
If everyone else can connect to it but you can't chances are they have your IP firewalled off. I'm not saying it's because of you but some webmasters will firewall entire bocks of IP's.

Have someone that can access the site to ask if that is the case.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:40 AM

176 posts, read 638,662 times
Website is still up.

Try downloading from Mozilla, instead of IE. Worked for me this weekend when Orbitz gave me an error in IE, but not in Mozilla.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:33 AM

I'll ask about the IP being blocked. Unfortunately Ive tried Mozilla to no avail.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:25 AM

23,870 posts, read 24,099,797 times
It's most likely a misconfigured router somewhere in the chain of devices between your PC and the website. The longer this goes on, though, the less likely that becomes. If it is that, you just have to wait it out.

Try this. Open a command prompt window (click Start, then Run, then type cmd and press enter) and then type:

ping www.fantasyfanbase.com

If you get a message along the lines of "could not find host" then there are dns issues.
If you get four "request timed out" messages, then dns is working, but connectivity to that web server is down for some reason.
If you get four replies, then you have connectivity to the host (web server) but are just unable to establish an http connection to it.

Let us know which result you get when trying to ping the site and we'll go from there. Each of the results leads down a different troubleshooting path, so we need to know which it is. I'm guessing that it'll be the 3rd, as the browser is reporting that the connection is being reset, which indicates that it's able to at least begin the initial protocol exchange.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:31 PM

I got 4 request timed out messages. IDK

Old 04-29-2009, 08:03 AM

23,870 posts, read 24,099,797 times
I forgot to tell you to turn off any firewall software before doing that, so if you use one (even the Windows firewall), turn it off and try again.

Assuming you have and that you got the same result, open up another cmd window and type:

tracert www.fantasyfanbase.com

and post the results here. It may take a while for it to finish.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:16 AM

ok, the firewall is off and same result. On the tracert lines 1-16 go through alot of #'s and such, I cant cut and paste them so if you need em let me know/ lines 17-30 say "request timed out"

Old 04-29-2009, 08:54 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,522,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebbel31 View Post
ok, the firewall is off and same result. On the tracert lines 1-16 go through alot of #'s and such, I cant cut and paste them so if you need em let me know/ lines 17-30 say "request timed out"
Not 'your' firewall, but 'their' firewall. Sounds like you have been banned.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:22 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,166,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Not 'your' firewall, but 'their' firewall. Sounds like you have been banned.
Sounds like an IP ban to me as well. Try going onto a public computer, such as at a library, and seeing if you can access it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet