Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 03:10 PM

809 posts, read 3,563,199 times

Advertisements

I understand the importance of building and maintaining a website with SEO techniques in mind.

My question is - there are several companies that advertise they can get you in the top 10 search results on Google, for example. And they do it without touching your website code. The results aren’t guaranteed, of course. But they are able to improve your ranking.

What do they do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,038,481 times
- Make spam posts on message boards. (Seriously!)
- Create or use an existing network of blogs that link back to the site they're trying to promote.
- Post links to the site in the comments section of legitimate blogs.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:01 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,926,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTx View Post
What do they do?
Inevitably screw up your site rankings and reputation in a lot of cases. Any ranking generated by such places will be short lived at best and may be harmful. For good rankings start with a good content. "if you build it they will come". This will build solid backlinks which are much more important than spam links.

Page wise the basics of SEO start with building pages the right way, that is to say by following some basic markup rules you will be building a SEO page. Proper markup using the correct tags is important.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:52 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,563,759 times
backlinks are a lot more important to rank than content

content are for your users then robots
backlinks are for the robots then the users

you can have a garbage site and still rank high
there are a lot of OLD sites that rank high because they have a lot of links, and have an old domain.
you wont find much information or content on their page but Google loves them

Old 07-21-2009, 02:04 PM

23,667 posts, read 23,987,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTx View Post
I understand the importance of building and maintaining a website with SEO techniques in mind.

My question is - there are several companies that advertise they can get you in the top 10 search results on Google, for example. And they do it without touching your website code. The results aren’t guaranteed, of course. But they are able to improve your ranking.

What do they do?
NEVER, EVER, EVER trust someone that makes such claims. They are pure scam artists, plain and simple. NOBODY can guarantee anything like that.

If you're in need of an SEO guy, drop me a DM. A friend of mine is the real deal, and he's good.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:06 PM

lol funny

oh by the way....i know someone he's good...but he can't guarantee anything but he's good

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
NEVER, EVER, EVER trust someone that makes such claims. They are pure scam artists, plain and simple. NOBODY can guarantee anything like that.

If you're in need of an SEO guy, drop me a DM. A friend of mine is the real deal, and he's good.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
lol funny

oh by the way....i know someone he's good...but he can't guarantee anything but he's good
Nobody can "guarantee" anything in the SEO world. Those that do are liars and scam artists.

I take it you have zero experience with SEO.... If you had any, you'd know this already.

What REAL SEO companies do is talk to their clients, learn a little about their industry, work with them to identify appropriate keywords and phrases to target their efforts on, reduce advertising costs...

Yes, my friend is the real deal, and no, he doesn't "guarantee" anything, because nobody can. Unless you're on the board at Google and will take bribes to increase one company's rankings, you simply can't claim that you can get someone's site to page 1.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:15 PM

yep i'm the guy with zero experience, and it took me about 49days to get on page 3 for the keyword SEO
which has about over 200,000,000 results, and competing over a few million websites

i wasn't being sarcastic about the guarantee part..i was laughing that you would recommend someone after you said he can't do anything for the person.

i dont spend my time stating that i can guarantee something because Google changes their algo all the time.

the point of my post was to show that you posted an oxymoron.

"This guy can't guarantee anything...but he's good"

one way of finding out how good someone is by asking them for a few websites that rank really high for competitive keywords.
i have several websites that rank on page 1 for mortgage niche websites to SEO websites

Quote:
Nobody can "guarantee" anything in the SEO world. Those that do are liars and scam artists.

I take it you have zero experience with SEO.... If you had any, you'd know this already.

What REAL SEO companies do is talk to their clients, learn a little about their industry, work with them to identify appropriate keywords and phrases to target their efforts on, reduce advertising costs...

Yes, my friend is the real deal, and no, he doesn't "guarantee" anything, because nobody can. Unless you're on the board at Google and will take bribes to increase one company's rankings, you simply can't claim that you can get someone's site to page 1.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
yep i'm the guy with zero experience, and it took me about 49days to get on page 3 for the keyword SEO
Really? That's impressive. What site is that?

Quote:
i was laughing that you would recommend someone after you said he can't do anything for the person.
Now hold on a minute there - I never said any such thing. You need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

Quote:
i dont spend my time stating that i can guarantee something because Google changes their algo all the time.
Exactly.

Quote:
the point of my post was to show that you posted an oxymoron.
No, I didn't.

Quote:
"This guy can't guarantee anything...but he's good"
And? What's your point, exactly? It's already been established (and I think you agreed) that nobody can guarantee anything in SEO. So... what? Are you saying my friend's a scam artist? That's how I'm reading it, and if that's the case, I have some choice words for you that I can't post here without drawing a suspension from the mods.

Quote:
one way of finding out how good someone is by asking them for a few websites that rank really high for competitive keywords.
How about that - actual advice, instead of just bashing me and my pal! I knew you had it in you, somewhere...

Old 07-21-2009, 02:33 PM

not here to solicit anything so my site(s) are not necessary.
i'm known in my community, and in the SEO world.
I have had my articles featured on the top SEO sites in the world, and I do guest blogging for other major SEO sites.

i spend my time reporting spam when i do come here or giving mortgage advice

i'm surprised you still dont see a good laugh from your 1st post.

I would also take your own advice about brushing up on the reading comprehension skills as I didn't indicate anything about 'scam'.

Also...just because a SEO company does guarantee page 1 rankings doesnt make it a scam. Every website I have worked with has gotten page 1 rankings for various keywords but I don't guarantee it even though getting to page 1 is the guarantee they make....staying there is another story.

even with new domains you can get on page 1 with the fresh push google gives......if a company guarantees front page ranking then they have fulfilled their duty or guarantee. A company who can guarantee that you stay on page 1 is most likely a scam

Quote:
Really? That's impressive. What site is that?

Now hold on a minute there - I never said any such thing. You need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

Exactly.

No, I didn't.

And? What's your point, exactly? It's already been established (and I think you agreed) that nobody can guarantee anything in SEO. So... what? Are you saying my friend's a scam artist? That's how I'm reading it, and if that's the case, I have some choice words for you that I can't post here without drawing a suspension from the mods.

How about that - actual advice, instead of just bashing me and my pal! I knew you had it in you, somewhere...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet