Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 07:51 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
Hey Asheville Native, apparently you didn't read my post correctly when you quoted me above or else you're just trying to be a smart-alec by telling me to check the settings in the Options menu. Whichever it is, don't post the little "forehead slap" smilie at me as if I'm an idiot...capiche? "Always show tabs" has NOTHING to do with what I'm talking about. I do have that checked. When I said I hate the change that has been made, I quoted what WillysB said about no longer being able to close one open tab without first opening a second one....in other words, we can no longer close one open tab without completely closing out the Firefox browser. On previous versions, that wasn't necessary.

Nevertheless, I've found a way to work around it. Next time, try to be a little more patient and actually help people because that's why they come to these boards. They don't want to put up with your condescending attitude.
Then go for the red "X" in the upper corner, fire up IE and go download an old version of FF, or try Opera, or just turn your damn PC off. Your childish reaction is amusing though

Or you could set your home page to 'blank' (ah yes it is under the dreaded 'options') and spend a few hours reading that page.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2009, 08:10 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Then go for the red "X" in the upper corner, fire up IE and go download an old version of FF, or try Opera, or just turn your damn PC off. Your childish reaction is amusing though

Or you could set your home page to 'blank' (ah yes it is under the dreaded 'options') and spend a few hours reading that page.
Wouldn't it be just as easy to answer the question of the poster than trying to be rude?

Old 07-04-2009, 08:45 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Wouldn't it be just as easy to answer the question of the poster than trying to be rude?

Many solutions offered

Old 09-16-2009, 04:29 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
3.5 gave me problems with graphics. Streaming video would stall, even scrolling was jerky. Went back to 3.0.1, graphics problem disappeared.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:01 PM

208 posts, read 469,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
I checked all through the different settings TWICE in the Options menu when I first updated it and couldn't find anything that allows me to close out all the tabs. So if you can tell me exactly where to look, I'll check again.
You can change that in "about:config". It wont give you a "X" on your last tab however you will be able to close that tab with a middle click of your mouse.

In your address bar type: about:config

In "Filter" type: browser.tabs.closeWindowWithLastTab and double click it to make it "false".

Old 09-16-2009, 03:04 PM

208 posts, read 469,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Many solutions offered

And none of them were a solution to the problem until mine.

Old 09-17-2009, 03:22 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,782,039 times
It is faster, but it has been crashing on occasion, something the previous version of Firefox didn't.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:01 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd View Post
I just downloaded the new Firefox browser. For now, it is significantly faster than the prior version.

Any other experiences?
Here's my experience: the damn thing is a worse memory hole than ever before. After a few hours it's using 1.2 GIGS of memory. There's no excuse for that.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:36 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,762,421 times
When I updated to the newer version, it kept the default language in Swedish (this was to contrary of what a live-chat representative told me). So sometimes if I google it will be in Swedish and then when I to the website, the webpage may or may not be in Swedish. I've gotten used to it - I can read Swedish or English but it just would be nice to know which language the webpage will be in.

I have had the crash issue happen also.

The video streaming 'hems and haws' but I think I need to get an add-on or something else.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:22 PM

1,809 posts, read 3,191,709 times
They still haven't fixed the memory leaks. This past weekend firefox was using up to 1GB of RAM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet