Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 09:16 AM

66 posts, read 199,710 times

Advertisements

On this computer, I originally had Qwest dial up with MSN. A year and a half ago I moved and switched to Comcast. They set up a Comcast email account, and I added a second, so when I open Internet Explorer I can access my Comcast accounts for usage. However, if I attempt to respond to someone through a web page, or now that I have installed Picasa, only my old MSN (deactivated) choices are available. Is there any way to have my Comcast primary email account show up as the connection I want to use?

(Sorry if this is not clear. I am not a Geekette! Don't even know the language...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 01:29 PM

204 posts, read 418,101 times
I have the same problem,I'm dealing with outlook express,can't find a way to uninstall it....I'm not a computer wizard either.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:54 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,931,267 times
I'm not familiar with any of the programs except outlook express (which you can uninstall from the control panel).

Are they web based? If they are programs that install to your computer, you probably need to reinstall them. If that doesn't work, call the comcast people, they can probably get it set up for you.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:42 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,992,098 times
What email application are you using? If your only using comcast webmail it will not work for email links on web pages, you need to set up your email application with your comcast mail account.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:00 PM

NHDave...
And please, kind person, how does one go about setting up a Comcast mail application on Windows XP? Is there a way to get rid of that old MSN address and get the Comcast one in its place?

Old 11-19-2009, 06:26 PM

Well, there is no specific comcast mail application, what you have on your computer depends on which version of Windows your using (Windows XP has Outlook Express, Windows Vista has Windows Mail, Windows 7 has nothing), but you can find out how to set up what ever application your have here. Welcome to Comcast customerCentral!

Old 11-20-2009, 08:18 PM

The kind Comcast man was here yesterday. He set Outlook Express as the default... and used my Comcast address... This solved web and Picasa issues... BUT now if you delete an e-mail on Outlook it seems to also delete from my Comcast webmail, which was not what I had in mind (read that all the email that was sent to my Comcast webmail has now gone awol).
Joy... joy...
I'm thinking Mac...

Old 11-21-2009, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJacoba View Post
The kind Comcast man was here yesterday. He set Outlook Express as the default... and used my Comcast address... This solved web and Picasa issues... BUT now if you delete an e-mail on Outlook it seems to also delete from my Comcast webmail, which was not what I had in mind (read that all the email that was sent to my Comcast webmail has now gone awol).
Joy... joy...
I'm thinking Mac...
Why would you think a Mac would solve that problem? All you need to do is go into the Outlook Express settings and set it to not delete mail from the server when it checks your mail.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:35 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times
Internet Explorer/Tools menu/Internet Options/Programs/E-Mail:

Pick your program from the drop-down list.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:41 PM

NHDave...

Why would I think Mac? Because I am so at a loss with all this... and both my daughter and a very good friend have Mac's and would offer me help. (As is obvious, I am in great need of help. FYI... a member of the slide rule generation...)
Yet another reason for Mac, at leat at present, is that their help lines are not manned by persons overseas as, unfortunately, Dell and Microsoft both seem to be. (Old ears and brain with speech discrimination problems... can not understand through the accent. A sad reality of life.)
Contract with Geek squad could be an answer...

To All gracious responders to my issue:

My original thought once Outlook Express was activated as default was to go into it and empty out my e-mails periodically. I would maintain those e-mails that I wanted to save on my Comcast mail. However, I am uncertain how to do the settings for that in O.E. (or if it is even possible). I believe (hope) that O.E. was set (by Comcast gentleman) to only delete e-mail on my instructions...

At present, I am thinking to simply not go into Outlook Express at all. I'll do my general e-mailing from Comcast e-mail connection as I have in the past, and with which I am familiar and comfortable. Any e-mail info I want saved I will transfer to files either on Comcast mail and/or in Word.

I thank you all for your kind offers of help, and apologize that I am so unfamiliar with the workings of "1's and 0's"... and am too timid to go into uncharted land.

P.S. The good news is that I now have web mail and Picasa ability!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet