Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 08:23 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I have long avoided ebay for the simple reason they were clearly in bed with paypal, now it sounds like they are really getting heated under the covers.
eBay has *owned* Paypal since 2002:

eBay picks up PayPal for $1.5 billion - CNET News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 11:05 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111
Check here bud > http://www.peekyou.com (I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THEY GET THE INFO!)

You can edit the info you find on this page though!!
They have REMOVED THE EDITING FEATURE!!

PEOPLE THAT ARE ON THERE CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!! (Even if they didnt put there info there)

Quote:
Originally Posted by egglady
Of course, when I went to do the search again, my information was still there - unchanged. Big surprise (not).
YA i demaned mine be removed over 2 weeks ago (Its there again) and still nothing...

Quote:
Dude111 the link is down at the bottom, you have to click on the little Privacy Policy link, and on the Privacy Policy page scroll down to Sharing of Public Profile Information
Thanx i just saw it now,i guess i could try this!

Quote:
Every time a search is run on the name, it collects the information from the web again
I have tried searching for a friend and they arent listed @ all!! (I have searched on there MANY TIMES now)

HOW CAN SITES THAT INVADE YOUR PRIVACY LIKE THIS EXIST??

Last edited by Dude111; 10-08-2010 at 11:15 AM..

Old 11-01-2013, 06:46 AM

1,420 posts, read 3,183,645 times
UPS program delivers unnerving surprise - latimes.com

Old 11-01-2013, 02:53 PM

Thumbs down *

Anyone who did that is insane!!!!!!

Old 11-01-2013, 06:51 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,769,824 times
I know an old thread revived, nothing has really changed other than there is more data out there on all of us in the US anyway.

Eh, that UPS story (above) is just a part of aggregate data or "big data" as some people call it.

There will be more and more info about us Americans digitally in time. There really is no privacy online, even for people who don't actively go on the internet.

Reading the original topic at hand: you can somewhat control the information about yourself on social media, however, once your info is in various public records, it is much harder to get "erased" or removed from all the People finder websites.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:47 AM

1,265 posts, read 3,460,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
They have REMOVED THE EDITING FEATURE!!

PEOPLE THAT ARE ON THERE CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!! (Even if they didnt put there info there)

YA i demaned mine be removed over 2 weeks ago (Its there again) and still nothing...

Thanx i just saw it now,i guess i could try this!

I have tried searching for a friend and they arent listed @ all!! (I have searched on there MANY TIMES now)

HOW CAN SITES THAT INVADE YOUR PRIVACY LIKE THIS EXIST??
When you requested that the profile be removed, you simply verified that the profile actually refers to a real person. Now they will never take it down!

The data they have on me (including my picture) is from an old MySpace profile, which I have not used for around 10 years. IF someone is using that site to get up-to-date information on my, then the joke is on them.

Some similar sites get my age wrong by a few decades. One site even got my race and gender wrong. Overall, the word is getting out that the data on these sites is very unreliable.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:57 PM

Yea thats a good point!!!!!!! (In a sense confirming the info is real)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet