Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would you do?
Hold on to it, no way in hell I'm losing that much money 2 20.00%
Get out, sector is dead, they will not survive, take what you have, profit elsewhere 8 80.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 05:20 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,728,231 times

Advertisements

Given that nuke sector outlook is so bad. You're down more than 10K, nearly half your investment is gone.

You waited months for a recovery. Now it's haemorrhaging towards delisting and worse, a reverse stock split (which I HATE)

This is just one stock. I have faith in the other two, as they look sturdy enough and have cash to face off with the negative outlook.

JL just messaged me this morning. And I see some opportunity in the trade he made. I am out of bullets, but I think I'll issue a reckless sell-off and initiate this other trade. I can offset this loss over time. Actually, in the broader pumped in versus pumped out comparison statistic, I'm still up, from where I started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 08:18 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,932,502 times
Pending your other resources...If you needed the cash I'd get out and reallocate elsewhere. Otherwise treat it like money lost for a few years and leave it there. It wont get healthy for a few years at least. Japan incident really hurt. Heard the Chinese are still going forward though.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:09 AM

143 posts, read 319,981 times
Dnn, urre, xra?

Old 09-25-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Pending your other resources...If you needed the cash I'd get out and reallocate elsewhere. Otherwise treat it like money lost for a few years and leave it there. It wont get healthy for a few years at least. Japan incident really hurt. Heard the Chinese are still going forward though.
Yes, long term spot prices are healthy for uranium.

But it went under 1 and there's a lot of chatter about delisting and reverse stock splits to avoid it.

I also talked to the Indian guy in Mumbai this am. He gave me some cool info. The Chinese are taking a lot of flak for monopolizing the REE sector and running away with it.

To dilute some of the flak, they have presently pushed REE spot prizes down. He said JPM Chase may be working in cohoots with the Chinese on that.

It's a JPM guy who downgraded Molycarp and it's getting pummeled hysterically.

JL, you listening, bud?

Old 09-25-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenvbtx View Post
Dnn, urre, xra?
It's URG. Average price of 1.98

I still take cheer in the fact that it took a supernatural event to sink my uranium portfolio

Old 09-25-2011, 11:23 AM

3,770 posts, read 6,745,428 times
if you started from scratch, would you buy it today? seems like ppl are far less likely to sell what they already own, than to buy the same thing with cash if they didn't already own it. if there are better opportunities, then sell and buy those.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:50 AM

879 posts, read 1,962,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
if you started from scratch, would you buy it today? seems like ppl are far less likely to sell what they already own, than to buy the same thing with cash if they didn't already own it. if there are better opportunities, then sell and buy those.
Bingo. Agree 100%. Many people--and I'm referring to no one in particular--have a mental block when it comes to selling stocks that they're down in.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:44 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,290,858 times
Depends on your time horizon, Short term, not much chance of recovery, long term, will have to be part of the solution for peak oil. Took 30 years for people to forget about the last round of accidents and begin to think seriously about new construction, will probably be less this time due to necessity.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Depends on your time horizon, Short term, not much chance of recovery, long term, will have to be part of the solution for peak oil. Took 30 years for people to forget about the last round of accidents and begin to think seriously about new construction, will probably be less this time due to necessity.
Uranium is the future, so it's not gonna take 30 years for sure. Possibly a couple or three.

But the problem here is a reverse stock split to avoid delisting, which is totally worthless

Old 10-04-2011, 10:03 AM

Issued a firesale, folks.

Liquidated all Uranium with a total loss of 23K

I'll remember this for the rest of my life

Tsunamis and I have a connection. The first one made a damage to my father's property. The second one puts a hole into my portfolio. I think I can take on the third one now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing