Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2010, 11:44 PM

4 posts, read 5,149 times

Advertisements

I'm from Portugal, my english is not perfect but I hope to improve.

The "Investing Ideas" have two portfolios, one for Shares and one for ETFs.

Each Portfolio have $ 100,000 USD.
Each entry corresponds to 10% of the portfolio, to be fully exposed is necessary to have 10 positions in each portfolio.

"Investing in ETFs" is a medium risk investment portfolio.
In this portfolio are traded ETFs listed on U.S. market

"Investing in shares" is a medium/high risk investment portfolio.
In this portfolio are traded shares listed on U.S. market, some shares with high volatility.

The trading commissions are $ 7.50 USD.

All businesses have a written supplement placed before or a few days after the entry.

Generally, low-risk investments have a higher level of security for investor but tend to have a lower return.
High-risk investments, on the other hand, can bring a higher return, but with a much higher degree of uncertainty, which may cause heavy losses to investors.

Rule:
All entries and exits must be written first in forum and are limited to the next opening, so every business can be seen before materialize.
In practice, this rule makes the results are seen always rounded by default, which endows them complete validity and realism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 07:19 AM

I will buy

ETFs:

Alpine Global Premier Properties Fund (AWP)
MKT VECTORS RUSSIA (RSX)
ISHARES MSCI BRAZIL (EWZ)

Shares:

BANK OF IRELAND-SPON (IRE)
ALIIED IRISH BANKS-A (AIB)

Brief Justification

Based on the analysis technique, the overall market conditions are oversold.

The AAII Investor Sentiment Survey, revealed in the past week that members are pessimistic.
Bullish: 20.74%, Neutral: 29.79%, Bearish: 49.47%

The Ratio AAII = AAII Bullish/(AAII Bullish+ AAII Bearish) = 29,50%
The Ratio AAII < 30% is usually a good entry point.

The combination of these two factors may push the market higher.

Old 09-03-2010, 07:17 AM

In the short term some technical indicators show overboutht conditions.
Overboutht conditions not mean a reversal imminent, it may take time, but I have to decide in advance between sell or hold, I decide to sell because my certainty is zero.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,087 times
Default Re:Investing Ideas

Investing in stock,

The investment idea offers great money spinning prospects to invest in. To invest in stock market an investor must have a demat bank account with a broker or any financial institution in the capital market. Moreover, he must also have a suitable understanding of the capital market if he wants to yield greater returns in stock market. The knowledge of the upward trends and the downward trends is highly required to determine the trend of the market.

snpnifty.com

Old 09-06-2010, 06:59 PM

Closed businesses

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing