Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2011, 08:01 PM

858 posts, read 1,149,974 times

Advertisements

Dont know if this has been posted here, but I came across this on the internet. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Stansberry's Investment Advisory
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 09:44 PM

7,083 posts, read 12,083,763 times
Oh please, this guy has been talked to death many times. Then again.

He's already been convicted of investment fraud by the SEC, for scaring morons into buying their investment products and then dumping it for a profit.

If you want to buy the product I fully endorse it. I think stupidity should be very painful, and nothing is more painful then losing all your money and looking like a complete idiot because the same person has done it (and been convicted) several times before.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:08 PM

16,427 posts, read 22,256,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
If you want to buy the product I fully endorse it. I think stupidity should be very painful, and nothing is more painful then losing all your money.
Hmmm, interesting. He claims to be an associate of Bill Bonner (Agora). Does that put Agora's pubs in the same category?

Old 05-05-2011, 10:36 PM

7,083 posts, read 12,083,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Hmmm, interesting. He claims to be an associate of Bill Bonner (Agora). Does that put Agora's pubs in the same category?
Wait, the person who scares people with economic collapse fantasies (along with Alex Jones/Porter Stansberry) and was convicted for securities fraud as well?

If that means they are both scammers, yes I would consider them both convicted fraudsters.

I don't want to dissuade people fro investing in his products though. PLEASE invest in his products. I can't get enough people to mock for their stupidity.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:52 PM

858 posts, read 1,149,974 times
The sales pitch seemed extraordinary and surreal, never seen anything like it. Given whats taken place recently with the economy, housing, debt etc. it nearly made a believer out of me LOL

Old 05-06-2011, 06:43 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,422,471 times
Yeah, this is the same thing being advertised on the radio right now with those "End of America" warnings.

Investing should be done out of reason and pragmatism, not fear and scare tactics.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:12 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,577,732 times
Default Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Yeah, this is the same thing being advertised on the radio right now with those "End of America" warnings.

Investing should be done out of reason and pragmatism, not fear and scare tactics.
Yes, only Health "Insurance" should be sold via fear and scare tactics.

As far as End of 'Merucka and the Rest of Doomer Land -- While the hucksters use it to play their games -- It can be a useful thing if you consider the storyline as Worst Case Scenario and use it to plan to make things survivable if things were to turn down in the various ways they propose.

We took the "Economic Armageddon" stories seriously back in 2007 and were in Duck and Cover mode when the storm hit in late 2008. Because we had limited exposures and risks, we have so far sailed through most of the "Great Recession" fine, and will come out ahead from all appearances.

In all truth, there still could be a second leg down ahead of US -- especially if you consider the second leg down/1937 in The Great Depression type models. So the Doomers could still have some valid points about risk ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing