Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2011, 06:39 PM

2,879 posts, read 7,794,914 times

Advertisements

I've been waiting two years for this to come in line with oil prices. It seems to be inching up. Is a breakout near? I looks like fracking may not be all it's cracked up to be, and their may be huge environmental risks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 07:13 PM

692 posts, read 3,147,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khuntrevor View Post
I've been waiting two years for this to come in line with oil prices. It seems to be inching up. Is a breakout near? I looks like fracking may not be all it's cracked up to be, and their may be huge environmental risks.

Fracking "IS all its Cracked up to be".....Just not all Fracking.

Go to GasFrac Energy Services Inc

Click on Investor Relations,

Click on Investor Presentation Left column,

Click on Jan 2011

Read or print and read.

I am investing in this company Big Time for the reasons you mention.

Silverfox

Old 05-01-2011, 11:49 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,885,297 times
Yes it could be risky then again every investment is risky.

Even if the feds regulate fracking to death it will be bullish for this stock. Supply and demand. Personally I think there is lots of upside potential for NG demand. As oil gets more expensive we going to switch to NG, no question about it!

Old 05-08-2011, 05:32 PM

269 posts, read 785,277 times
Actually a good buy right now would be Kinder Morgan Energy Partners (KMP). They specialize in natural gas pipelines and infrastructure, are a large stable company that will be around for years to come, and pay a high dividend (~6% this year). They would be less affected by fracking regulations, but an increase in NG prices would still support their business.

And you can buy it cheap right now. They reached a high of 77.83 back in April, but the threat of a change to their tax structure caused people to sell their shares. Last Friday it was 74.33.

I bought 134 shares at this price and I'll let you know how it does. I think once investors realize the tax structure change is a bluff by politicians, investors will want back in. The risk is...Capital Hill changing the tax structure would send shares lower, however that's a risk I'm willing to take.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:01 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,991,373 times
My friends tell me no, their is a glut in the market.

Old 05-19-2011, 03:26 PM

630 posts, read 1,877,874 times
Never buy UNG,it constantly rolls over a 30 day futures contract.Nat Gas is in Contango,meaning next months futures are more expensive than this months.Unless there is a sharp spike up in price,this ETF slowly sinks to zero.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:42 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,322,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khuntrevor View Post
First why would natural gas prices fall into line with oil prices. They are two completely different types of fossil fuels that are used two different ways in terms of demand.

Despite the urging of folks like T. Boone Pickens, natural gas has yet to catch on as a transportation fuel for trucks and cars on a level comprable to gasoline. Also it still competes with coal as a fuel for electrical plants.

The more hydro-fracking that gets done the more there are reports of enivronmental damage and people suffering from adverse health conditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing