Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 05:18 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,749,444 times

Advertisements

Good news

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2012010...lmmkrds8z8.pdf

Holding on to my seatbelt. I was supposed to have dry powder to load up more, but I had to feed a megaload of pork into the mouth of my attorney to finalize my green card

That means I invested in my BIGGEST possible equity ~~~> Antlered Chamataka

Lynas will have to wait. Also looking to put more in UCore before it takes off. If Malaysia can delay the permit till March, I'll double my position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 02:31 PM

I hate seeking alpha, but if it ever goes under a dollar again, I'll be looking to up this to 25000 shares by adding 7K more.

7 Diverse Stocks Likely To See Significant Gains In 2012 - Seeking Alpha

With a couple of recent setbacks and a correction in rare earth prices, Lynas stock has taken a beating recently. The Lynas Advanced Materials Plant (LAMP) is awaiting the necessary permits from the Malaysian government but should receive the go ahead in the coming weeks despite loud, and largely irrational, protests by some of the local population. Although the outlook for rare earths may not be as bright as it appeared a few months ago, China plans to maintain current export quotas this year even as global demand will continue to rise. Lynas will likely be the first major rare earths project outside China to come online and will be well positioned to take advantage of increased demand and tight Chinese export quotas. Closing the year at $1.04 I will be looking for buying opportunities under a dollar in the next couple of weeks.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:54 PM

There is some serious global stage political action and wrangling going on in the rare earth scene, and why is nobody even concerned about China's monopoly?

I read this thought provoking write-up by a user in the Yahoo! Finance boards

OK, I’ve read enough about the falling RE prices,,,falling from where? Falling from unsustainable prices manipulated by China last year? I believe the basket prices have actually risen.
Manipulation of RE by China was the talk of 2010-2011. Was there no logic to this? Of course there was and still is.
Think about China,,,China has a plan for everything. They have plans for 5,10,15, and more years out. They have planned on increasing the cost of rare earth product to unsustainable prices,,,prices that end users are not willing to purchase at. That was their plan. Now they have left over rare earth product. How convenient.

What has changed so suddenly that China proclaims they have not reached their export quota and that demand has fallen?
Answer: The prices of the rare earth product are too high.

Why is the rare earth product so high?
Answer: China manipulated the price.

Why would China manipulate the price of rare earth product to these prices?
Answer: China did not want end users outside of China to buy their rare earth products so they made the prices of rare earth products so high that end users had to rely on whatever supply they had in stock.

What will end users do when they deplete their stock of rare earth product?
Answer: They will be forced to but product at higher prices anyway because they will need it to manufacture their goods.

What does China do with the rare earth product that was not sold?
Answer: They hold onto it and will decide to sell it later when the basket price finds a sustainable level and then again,,,they could HOARD it. After all, they use most of it anyway.

****What happens when Lynas and Moly bring product to the market? Answer: It will help to establish a true basket price because now there will be a form of competition in what has been a monopoly for years.

Will end users look to secure rare earth product from Lynas or Moly?
Answer: SECURE is an important factor here. Dealing with China is not secure as Japan has recently found out.

Yahoo! Message Boards - Lynas Corporation Limited - Rare Earth Prices

Old 01-19-2012, 09:52 PM

Adding to my monologue, Lynas is soaring in Oz.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:41 AM

Go Lynas. Go, go, go.

Time for a ***. This is crazy. No earnings. No revenue. Big time speculation

Old 02-01-2012, 09:16 AM

Go, Lynas, Go, Go, Go. 17% jump fellas. They got a temp license.

Wooo freaking Hooo

I'm going to retire

Old 02-01-2012, 09:26 AM

Lynas gets temporary operating licence for rare earth plant

And imagine how the market will react when the full time license comes by and China gets panties in a bunch and starts to control more REE and that driving the spot price way up, which leaves the world only with Lynas.

That will be my down payment for my house

Love you, Malaysia.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:14 PM

Hey, what happened to our Malaysian pals?

Teak, you out there, bro?? Any on the ground update on LAMP?

The damn thing dropped 6% today. What the hell is going on

Old 02-03-2012, 04:15 PM

Seriously, nobody is playing the rare earth sector?? Come on, fellas, feels lonely in here

Old 02-28-2012, 10:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
Hey, what happened to our Malaysian pals?

Teak, you out there, bro?? Any on the ground update on LAMP?

The damn thing dropped 6% today. What the hell is going on
The ground. There is nearly no support for LYNAS to operate from not only the locals near the factory but also Malaysians as a whole, excluding, the government. Can you imagine who would want to work there? Given a choice, do you think anyone of us will want to work in a radio-active tainted factory? This is not the first time it happened in Malaysia. Please google "Bukit Merah Rare Earth Plant". If the factory gets their license, I do not think the current government will win the elections. Which means LYNAS will have to pack their bags either way. The reason you want to know about who would win is again greed-motivated. You make me sick.I hope they build the factory beside your house, where-ever you live. Your narrow-minded idea that rejecting LYNAS means rejecting FDIs is utter rubbish. Have a good life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing